OK hawaii brahs... ASSUMING...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jstone
Elite
Elite

OK hawaii brahs... ASSUMING...

Post by jstone »

That I want to ship my Jog to hawaii, how much you think I can get for it?

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=13462

^Seen there.

I have a couple different options for crating something up and shipping it from work so I'm pretty seriously entertaining this idea. I just need to know whether or not its even worth considering. I've heard that my jog will bring upwards of $1500 if I can just get it there. If this is true then I'll start building the crate tomorrow.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: OK hawaii brahs... ASSUMING...

Post by bakaracer »

if you can get it there for less than $300 then maybe its worth taking there.if not you can make some good money parting it out.the engine alone you can sell for $300.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

True, but it is such a beautiful specimen. I hate to tear it apart.
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

Problem u will find is that no one in Honolulu wants a scooter that requires registration and insurance. There are only a handful of legal moped titled JOGs on island. Now if somehow u got it titled in Honolulu as a moped, then u got a rare item.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

What's the difference between hawaii and the rest of the states? I have the original title for it and it says 49cc on it. What else do you have to do for hawaii?
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

jstone wrote:What's the difference between hawaii and the rest of the states? I have the original title for it and it says 49cc on it. What else do you have to do for hawaii?
When DMV pulls the JOG VIN, it will say scooter/motorcycle in the system.

My friend said that some JOGs registered in the early 1990s were mistaken as mopeds so they were registered that way and will always be a moped. A moped requires no registration, scooter license, nor insurance. You only pay $5 permanent registration for the lifetime of the moped.

That's why a moped registered JOG in Honolulu is very RARE! Last one sold for $2500 here.

There are couple of people with scooter registered JOGs here. My friends and I will never by a moped if it was registered as a scooter b/c the cost of ownership is too much. Scooter plated JOG can go on the freeway, but that is too dangerous. Even the ruckus guys don't go on the freeway.

Even if you can go 70mph, eventually you will blow your motor up or blow a belt. When that happens, you will die on a freeway. People will not be looking out for some idiot on a small scooter on the freeway. You will get hit and runned over many times. Not worth it!!!
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Motor doesnt blow up and tuning correct jettings/ premix 32:1. I had over 5,500 polini contesta, No heat seize
or scratch piston/rings or cylinder jug.

It is the stupid law in hawaii. They read in wrong place 100cc on a kicker cover and register scooter. :lol:

Remove all the clown at dmv workers :rock:

motor is 49cm.

That why the dmv is all screwed up and cant read .
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

Bottom line your JOG is not worth much in Hawaii. Sad but true.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Oh well. It was nice to think about it for a little bit lol. Still for sale, going to put it up locally pretty soon.
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

veedubh20 wrote:Motor doesnt blow up and tuning correct jettings/ premix 32:1. I had over 5,500 polini contesta, No heat seize
or scratch piston/rings or cylinder jug.

It is the stupid law in hawaii. They read in wrong place 100cc on a kicker cover and register scooter. :lol:

Remove all the clown at dmv workers :rock:

motor is 49cm.

That why the dmv is all screwed up and cant read .
I agree DMV is very strict in regards to what is a moped and what is a scooter.

Most people dont tune their bikes correctly. bolt on performance...then seize and scratch their head til it bleeds, haha. I dare you hold wide open throttle from Kahala to Mililani and see if you don't blow up your motor. Say bye to your Polini bore, and maybe crank. Even with EVO watercooled kit you won't survive WOT at top speed for 40 miles non stop. Racing kits were made for racing, not long distance transportation. Even at 75 mph on the freeway, grandma will be honking you to get outta the way.

maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I hate locals cuz locals "R" stupid :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!