80/90 question

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

makadangdang
Noob
Noob

Re: 80/90 question

Post by makadangdang »

the best tire you could possibly use for street riding is michelin S1. they cost about 45 bucks each here in hawaii but they are well worth the money.
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Motorcycle Superstore has them for ~$30 plus shipping for the 3.50 x 10 size. Seems reasonable for a tire that will last you a good long time and be "best tire you could possibly use"

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/ ... -Tire.aspx
porter92
BMX
BMX

Post by porter92 »

makadangdang wrote:the best tire you could possibly use for street riding is michelin S1. they cost about 45 bucks each here in hawaii but they are well worth the money.
Doesn't look like they have that in a size to fit a Spree. I'm not comfortable going over the 2.75X10 size.
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

I may be wrong, others will chime in if so, but I thought the 3.00 would fit the Spree (3.5 with a little case trimming) and give you a few extra MPH in the process.
RZRob
Goped
Goped

Post by RZRob »

I just installed Ching Shin 2.75x10s from Chaparral in So Cal. The tires were $15 each. They look like the Metzlers on my real bike.The stock Inoue tires were super crusty, but I reused the tubes. I couldn't sacrifice lowend for 5mph as I live in a hilly neighborhood and that poor 50 struggles to pull my fat * up the hill to home. :lol:

RZ Rob
porter92
BMX
BMX

Post by porter92 »

Ok, I haven't ordered my tire yet, I want to get a couple things straight first. The stock tire on the Spree is a 2.50X10, which I have on the front and rear. If I go to a larger size on the rear, I will get more top end speed? Will acceleration be slower with the larger tire? The front is brand new last year so I'm not changing that. Maybe this is covered already or somewhere else just want to be clear on this before I order the tire.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

porter92 wrote:Ok, I haven't ordered my tire yet, I want to get a couple things straight first. The stock tire on the Spree is a 2.50X10, which I have on the front and rear. If I go to a larger size on the rear, I will get more top end speed? Will acceleration be slower with the larger tire? The front is brand new last year so I'm not changing that. Maybe this is covered already or somewhere else just want to be clear on this before I order the tire.
Yes with the larger 3.00 tire,your acceleration from dead stop will be a little bit slower but will gain about 5mph topspeed.you can keep the front the stock size,that way the speedo stays accurate.plus with the larger back tire,the ride gets better.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
porter92
BMX
BMX

Post by porter92 »

OK, thanks for clarifying. Glad I read this thread before ordering a regular stock size tire.