Should I get an Elite 80? No plastic, carb issue, fair price

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

forrestking
Goped
Goped

Should I get an Elite 80? No plastic, carb issue, fair price

Post by forrestking »

I need some advice.

I was offered an Elite 80 for 100 bucks. It's in rough shape, but only shows 3000 miles on the clock.

The rear plastic is missing, the front plastic is cracked.

The key is there, but the honda start button has been bypassed and a large Autozone start button is taking over that workload and is screwed into the plastic.

All of the "running gear" is there: engine, wheels, frame, forks, cables, etc.

Will this engine bolt up to my Aero 50? :surprise:

How hard is it to find plastic for a 1990 Elite? should I consider resurrecting it?
ZMUD
Spree
Spree

Re: Should I get an Elite 80? No plastic, carb issue, fair price

Post by ZMUD »

I have a 2001 elite 80 that I bought for a $100 with 10,500mi on it. the way I look at it is you can part it out on ebay and make some money to by other scooter parts or put some money into it and you only paid a $100.00 for a running scooter. the only problem is there are no go-fast parts. but I do like it plenty of power with 2 people on it and a spare for my friends to ride. buy it if you have the money!!! :geekdance:
94 elite 50s
----
66cc bbk
118jet/Pre-Mix32:1
1"uni-filter,Keli 9g
1k center,8.44 gears,ZX Trans
V8 Pipe,IRC MB38 80/90 tires
H4 H.I.D

94 elite 50sr
-----
50mm BBK,105jet
1" Uni-Filter,8:44gears
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Re: Should I get an Elite 80? No plastic, carb issue, fair price

Post by PimpinSpree »

i bought one and parted it out. I think i paid 75 and got 250 back out after ebaying parts. A nice profit margin, but it was such a pain in the butt. Never again

personally i like sticking to all sprees and elite/aero 50s. Makes it a whole lot easier since a lot of parts interchange. But thats just me