Lowered Moped Picture Thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

yamahauler660r
Spree
Spree

Re: Lowered Moped Picture Thread

Post by yamahauler660r »

aerorob wrote:if you are trying to get your post count up, toad, post positive comments.
you are becoming annoying to the rest of us who are just trying to make our rides unique. nothing you have said has been helpful or positive, so i dont see why you are here. you are unwanted.
:werd: :drama: :*:
My 2 wheeled bikes:
99 Elite S
97 Z50R
96 Elite S
89 Elite E x2
86/96 "Spree S/SpreElite"
87 Elite
86 Spree x4
86 Spree Special
85 Spree x3
84 Spree
83 Aero 80
80 XL250S
71 Trail 70 H
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

yamahauler660r wrote:
aerorob wrote:if you are trying to get your post count up, toad, post positive comments.
you are becoming annoying to the rest of us who are just trying to make our rides unique. nothing you have said has been helpful or positive, so i dont see why you are here. you are unwanted.
:werd: :drama: :*:

d***, I thought this was directed at me for a minute there. Phew! Whats my post count up to?
NickKimosabe
Goped
Goped

Post by NickKimosabe »

toad772 wrote:Lowering is just plain stupid even worse in cars.
You obviously know nothing. I am not sure why anyone, including myself, has even given you the time of day. Lowering cars started for performance, but lets face it, everyone knows wheel gap is ugly. I will probably go lower in the future.
LOWER IS BETTER
My last creation
sum-azn-kid wrote:dude thats pretty sick. and i like the air box kinda reminds me of the mirrors off the mini coopers. and its a moped so why not make it look nice and different, its for fun. enjoy them speed bumps, drive ways and pot holes haha.
Thanks Azn-Kid! I plan on painting the mirrors checkerboard too. Too be honest the drop hasn't really been that rough and I am already thinking I might go lower.

Now :b2t:
2001 HONDA
87 Yamaha Razz (Sold)
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

NickKimosabe wrote:
You obviously know nothing. I am not sure why anyone, including myself, has even given you the time of day. Lowering cars started for performance, but lets face it, everyone knows wheel gap is ugly. I will probably go lower in the future.
LOWER IS BETTER
My last creation
sum-azn-kid wrote:dude thats pretty sick. and i like the air box kinda reminds me of the mirrors off the mini coopers. and its a moped so why not make it look nice and different, its for fun. enjoy them speed bumps, drive ways and pot holes haha.
Thanks Azn-Kid! I plan on painting the mirrors checkerboard too. Too be honest the drop hasn't really been that rough and I am already thinking I might go lower.

Lowering, if the suspension is originally designed for it, like in a race car is fine, otherwise you have only taken a serviceable safe vehicle and turning it in to a * poor handling unsafe at any speed junker. To do it in the name of style in a show car is one thing, but on the street it is STUPID!
Last edited by Bear45-70 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

spoken like a true VW person. i love looking at performance VW and retro car seeing the stanced cars. yes its not practical but it cool to see how people are pushing the limit of the cars and their suspension, wheel and tire combos. and agreed wheel gap is ughy. droping isnt for everybody obviously, my friend bought a elite s pre droped and hated it but another droped and stretched his since he likes to just cruz. so to each his own.
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I like it NickKimosabe, the VW looks good too.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Lower was better when I was 16 :smile:

Lower is not better now that I'm 30 and drive 120 miles a day :sad:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

bradthreee wrote:Lower was better when I was 16 :smile:

Lower is not better now that I'm 30 and drive 120 miles a day :sad:
The old adage is so true;

"To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid!"
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Go to *. go ahead lower your cars and when you end up in the ditch it will be your own fault.
PS3 it only does everything.
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

NickKimosabe wrote:
LOWER IS BETTER
My last creation

You clearly know nothing that car is a ugly piece of s*** and is way to d*** low you would get suck on a speed bump with that thing.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

toad772 wrote:
Go to *. go ahead lower your cars and when you end up in the ditch it will be your own fault.
Btw, my lowered truck handles SOOOOOOO much better than stock, with my belltech progressive springs and drop spindles. And you are right, if i end up in the ditch, i was probably doing something really stupid because my lowered truck handles AWESOME!!!! I'm with Rob, you are unwanted. Go away.
Last edited by Spreetard on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Spreetard wrote:
toad772 wrote:
You need to stop being such a douche. And, btw, my lowered truck handles SOOOOOOO much better than stock, with my belltech progressive springs and drop spindles. And you are right, if i end up in the ditch, i was probably doing something really stupid because my lowered truck handles AWESOME!!!! I'm with Rob, you are unwanted. Go away.
Bear is right lowering on the track is fine and in a show car but for something you drive on the road it is completely retarded.
Last edited by toad772 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

Mods please!?
:lock:
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Spreetard wrote:Image
You are clearly a idiot.