Expansion chamber muffler for the Spree(taz)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Expansion chamber muffler for the Spree(taz)

Post by patthesoundguy »

Do you guys think this new pipe will work on a stock spree or is that too far away from the 48 and 44 bbkits. My exhaust on my stock 84 spree is toast (the guts are all rattling in the bottom of the can). I was going to order the jiang wayne stock replacement but glad I held off. I would rather buy from Taz and support someone who supports us by coming up with all sorts of cool add ons for the spree. Way to go Taz!!! :bowrofl:
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

patthesoundguy wrote:Do you guys think this new pipe will work on a stock spree or is that too far away from the 48 and 44 bbkits. My exhaust on my stock 84 spree is toast (the guts are all rattling in the bottom of the can). I was going to order the jiang wayne stock replacement but glad I held off. I would rather buy from Taz and support someone who supports us by coming up with all sorts of cool add ons for the spree. Way to go Taz!!! :bowrofl:
as long as the header pipe is the correct size to bolt on it will work. but the question is, since you would be running a smaller displacement, how far up would you have to rev the engine to begin to have any effect off the chamber?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

turtle13 wrote:
patthesoundguy wrote:Do you guys think this new pipe will work on a stock spree or is that too far away from the 48 and 44 bbkits. My exhaust on my stock 84 spree is toast (the guts are all rattling in the bottom of the can). I was going to order the jiang wayne stock replacement but glad I held off. I would rather buy from Taz and support someone who supports us by coming up with all sorts of cool add ons for the spree. Way to go Taz!!! :bowrofl:
as long as the header pipe is the correct size to bolt on it will work. but the question is, since you would be running a smaller displacement, how far up would you have to rev the engine to begin to have any effect off the chamber?
The 'best' RPM range is determined by the pipe's geometric design, the displacement the pipe will 'best' handle is based on the size of that design which will determine the amount of flow.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

good thing he gave up on that dumb variator and started working on the pipe the time couldnt be better for you huh! lol :bowrofl:
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Thanks guys. I will be working on the intake manifold adapter for the bigger carbs next. That will help big time.

Taz
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Oh yah like I said this muffler is made for the 48mm BBK. I have used mufflers that are made for BBK's on stock cylinders and it usually takes a few to get them going. The overall top is much better but the acceleration is slower.
Taz
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

So what top speeds can you predict with the 48mm kit,gears,pipe and bigger Carb or up jet?
Andrew
2002 Yamaha bws 50
1984 Honda spree
1986 Honda spree
1986 Honda xr100r
1981 Yamaha yz 80
1969 Honda z 50 mini trail
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

what is the diameter of the inlet on the flange?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

with everything and washer mod your looking at maybe a good soild 45mph tops... keyword maybe!
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

it seems like in the long run it would be better to swap in a dio motor because i could get it to go 50 mph easily with all the performance parts out there and it might be cheaper then spending alot on performance parts for a spree...
2002 Yamaha bws 50
1984 Honda spree
1986 Honda spree
1986 Honda xr100r
1981 Yamaha yz 80
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

andrew im proud of you.... i love my spree but if i wanna do more then 35, the * with the nq50 i say! go dio!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ANDREW wrote:it seems like in the long run it would be better to swap in a dio motor because i could get it to go 50 mph easily with all the performance parts out there and it might be cheaper then spending alot on performance parts for a spree...
Half the fun is pushing the spree that far. Performance part for part, the dio is cheaper but when you count the cost of the engine itself, it is more expensive.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
catsailor
Spree
Spree

Post by catsailor »

Marc,
Any ideas as to when you will have this ready? I did a bake and shake on my 84 exhaust, and while it worked, it sounds like a marracca when you shake it. That will only lead to more problems down the road im sure. Love to see what it will do to the bike with your 44 mm kit and the gears. Currently get 38 mph, with a high speed of 44 mph (was pulled over for speeding in a 25, I asked the cop if he could hit me again with the radar, he did, then let me go laughing). Keep us posted please.
1984 Spree With Taz BBK and Gears
1988 Seawind 24 Catamaran
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

eliteguy50 wrote:
ANDREW wrote:it seems like in the long run it would be better to swap in a dio motor because i could get it to go 50 mph easily with all the performance parts out there and it might be cheaper then spending alot on performance parts for a spree...
Half the fun is pushing the spree that far. Performance part for part, the dio is cheaper but when you count the cost of the engine itself, it is more expensive.

This is true i have decided to stick with the spree and mod the s*** out of it snd plus the spree counts as moped insurance so its cheaper, plus i cant wait to see the day when im smoking cars of the line on a lil honda spree :coolcruise:
2002 Yamaha bws 50
1984 Honda spree
1986 Honda spree
1986 Honda xr100r
1981 Yamaha yz 80
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

very few cars off the line its really not that great accelerating but it will be a lot different