Idle Set screw (throttle stop)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Idle Set screw (throttle stop)

Post by Bear45-70 »

curtis wrote:Bear. I would be happy to post a picture of the screw that was the problem. Next I drove to a honda shop in Kansas City that had it in stock. That was after checking all those in my area that were all in a system that showed who had them. Closest was St. Louis. Checked a shop not on the system and they had it. Want to see a receipt also? Sorry but you were wrong!
If you back the screw all the way out the slide will drop if the throttle cable is adjusted properly. You say it does not and physics says it isn't possible for it not too, who do you think is right?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
curtis
BMX
BMX

Re: Idle Set screw (throttle stop)

Post by curtis »

No. I did not say that. You need to clearly read my first post. Would not idle. Engine would die. That meaning that when screwed all the way in it would not idle up. Run the screw out and it would not make any difference. Meaning that I had no adjustment either way and that yes the slide would fall down like it is suposed to. I never said that the slide would not go down. If it would not go down then the engine would most likely stay running. Right.