PCX Grows to 150cc (Apres Le SA, Mais Quoi?)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: PCX Grows to 150cc (Apres Le SA, Mais Quoi?)

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Triple-Brad, you're a nice guy for letting me know. If 70MPH Top Speed is scary slow in 65 MPH Kalifornia, more so in Wild-West Tejas, where a lot of the Interstates now allow 75. (and people drive 85+...withOUT lifting for the Gendarmerie!) Was that Honda's speedo or your Garmin talkin'?

Surely there's a way to squeeze a pony our two out of the fuel-injected 153cc powerhouse. Pipe, intake, remap the ECM. I'm confident you could do something to optimize the variator for better efficiency too, but is there a way to defeat Evil Party-Pooping Speed-Control circuitry?

Hmm, I wonder if the PCX forums have any Idears? If you make any such discoveries, let me know. I have yet to pull the trigger on the Zook GS500F.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

The MPH I indicated are strictly from the Honda speedo. I'm sure there is a way to squeeze out a little more juice, but being a brand new bike I'd hate to crack anything open just yet.

Overall the 60 mile ride was very pleasant. But if you do get a PCX150, I strongly suggest you plan out your routes strategicly before hitting the road. I would avoid uphills on the freeway or interstate, unless you know that there will be traffic going about 50-55 mph.

It seems like the PCX has only enough juice to complete whatever tasks you put before it. As long as you don't expect more than just enough you'll be good to go.

From what I've read on the PCX forums, they havent found a way to remap the ECU yet. I'm pretty sure that a variator/exhaust/intake combo would only help. My buddy has a Zuma125 and just with the intake and variator it had the scoot alot more peppier and upped the top speed a bit.

I know that the pipes I've seen for the PCX125 are a bit pricey, averaging from the $400-$500 range. A buddy told me that the 125 and 150 bolt ons are not compatible, so waiting for 150 specific bolt ons is a must.

Keep in mind my weight when reading my review, if you aren't as buff as I am your performance may be a bit better :coolcruise:
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Put about 400 miles on the odometer so far, one thing that I forgot to mention is there is alot of wind resistence. It seems more than usual, most of it being directed straight into my chest. I think that the PCX150 will highly benefit from a better windscreen and possibly other aerodynamics