Wanted: Travel Cover for Spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

minimack
Noob
Noob

Wanted: Travel Cover for Spree

Post by minimack »

I am looking for a recommendation on a travel cover for my 86 Spree. The Spree will be on a Versahaul hitch carrier on the back of a motorhome and I need one that fits over the Spree and the milk crate that is attached to the rear carrier frame on the Spree. It also needs to be waterproof (or at least water resistant) and able to stand up to the wind buffeting at 65 mph while on the interstate. Total length of the Spree from the front of the front tire to the back of the milk crate is about 65-68 inches.

Most of the covers I have seen on-line that are described for 50cc scooters are only 48 inches long(???). Also they don't seem to be recommended for when the scooter is being transported at highway speeds.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Mack
minimack
1986 NQ 50 Spree
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Re: Wanted: Travel Cover for Spree

Post by 87spree70superbee »

minimack wrote:I am looking for a recommendation on a travel cover for my 86 Spree. The Spree will be on a Versahaul hitch carrier on the back of a motorhome and I need one that fits over the Spree and the milk crate that is attached to the rear carrier frame on the Spree. It also needs to be waterproof (or at least water resistant) and able to stand up to the wind buffeting at 65 mph while on the interstate. Total length of the Spree from the front of the front tire to the back of the milk crate is about 65-68 inches.

Most of the covers I have seen on-line that are described for 50cc scooters are only 48 inches long(???). Also they don't seem to be recommended for when the scooter is being transported at highway speeds.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Mack
I haven't seen anything, but if you find something, let me know. Nothing is going to be able to hold to a scooter at 70 by itself, use ropes or bungee cords to tie the cover down.
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

I use a large gas grill cover. Not perfect but gets the job done.
89 Elite E
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Not scooters, but have seen many people transporting snowmobiles with covers on.
The Dreaded Wind-Flap is the enemy.
The cover you apply to protect the scooter ends up rubbing paint off if the trip is long enough.
Run it topless, and wash on arrival, sez I.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH