Chinese bystarter seems to work well

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Chinese bystarter seems to work well

Post by patthesoundguy »

My bystarter seemed to be toast a couple weeks ago so I finally found a cheap one on ebay from china, it works perfect. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-Carb ... 1307wt_754
It's nice not to have to reach under the plastics and choke the intake with my fingers :geekdance:
new on the right old on the left
Imaget
Crimp on bullet connectors and back on the road
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Chinese bystarter seems to work well

Post by mousewheels »

Thanks for posting. Some have had issues with clone bystarters including myself.

One question from your pic:
When you took the pic, was the clone pulled from a hot engine? It looks as though the bystarter is extended.
Bystarter_Compare_Pathsoundguy.JPG
Bystarter_Compare_Pathsoundguy.JPG (31.55 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Here is a pic from the ebay link of the clone bystarter.

Note the bystarter looks retracted in this photo.
Clone_Bystarter_pathsoundguy.JPG
Clone_Bystarter_pathsoundguy.JPG (32.72 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

my orig bystarter was not going back up all the way, so finding this was nice. I found it by accident, I had found only one or two on ebay but for $25 and the shipping to canada was$50, the seller did not respond to why the shipping cost fro the US to Canada for an envelope was $50 not $5.
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
wentwest
Spree
Spree

Post by wentwest »

The problem with these Chinese clone parts is that the quality control is pretty poor. Mostly, they work, but sometimes they are dead on arrival or they die fast. I guess they are so cheap you could buy several.
windsors03cobra
Noob
Noob

Post by windsors03cobra »

Yea chinese parts blow but having your scoot start is priceless. The bystarter on my on my 84 Aero was bad and I have an airbox so no hand choking, no part available anywhere and new carbs have to be cobbled on. I was lucky to have a spare engine here with a bystarter that functioned correctly. So nice to have it start and idle now.
Jason in Braham
Noob
Noob

Post by Jason in Braham »

I was lucky enough to find a New, Old stock Honda bystarter on eBay, put it in today and can't believe the difference. No more hard starts or long warm up times. Even cold, the scooter starts almost immediately & can be driven right away. I was nervous to buy a Chinese bystarter, but now I think i'll get one in case this one ever dies.
1987 Honda Elite SE50P - Been in my family since new, just woke it up after a 10+ year nap...
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Jason in Braham wrote:I was lucky enough to find a New, Old stock Honda bystarter on eBay, put it in today and can't believe the difference. No more hard starts or long warm up times. Even cold, the scooter starts almost immediately & can be driven right away. I was nervous to buy a Chinese bystarter, but now I think i'll get one in case this one ever dies.

Mine is still working knock on wood. I agree its nice to not have to crank forever or reach under the plastics to poke two fingers over the two intake holes in the airbox. I was starting to feel like a contortionist.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake Sauce »

I ordered one for my 86 spree so I shouldn't have to change the connector. I hope it works X[). How long did they take to arrive for you guys?
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80