Registration.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dakine
Elite
Elite

Registration.

Post by Dakine »

I know this has been probably gone over a bunch of times but I used the search engine and couldnt find anything that matched what im looking for.

What processes have to be gone through in order to register a frame thats from outter state? Trying to register them in Honolulu,Hawaii

Have any of you guys bought A Frame from Honda? I was looking through websites like BikeBandit, and Hondaparts-direct and theres still bare frames available for certain years of the Spree,Elite Sa50,87eSe50, and Sb50s.
Looks pretty tempting then trying to buy a cheap frame from outter state then having to pay more then I would if I where to just buy a brand new one.

EDIT- I just looked at all the different Ordinances for the State of Hawaii and everything the DMV websites have about registration and transferring and it doesnt say anything about registering a moped from out of state.
patthesoundguy

Re: Registration.

Post by patthesoundguy »

Wow I just looked at that Honda parts direct I'm blown away that the frame is still available. 87 spree 50100-GK8-600ZB
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Haha me too. At First I thought it was an error and they didnt update it, So i also checked Bike Bandit and another website and they had the same list of frames still in stock as the others!
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

as now in honolulu are hard to register out of state moped without title paper!, unless get a bill of lading, legal certificate of register w/ a moped in person must have..
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Now I won't worry so much about modding a spree frame. I can buy a new one if I screw something up ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

So the bill of lading would be the receipt I get from the Post Office or the invoice, stating that i received that specific frame?

Yup Pat, Im actually really happy that I can order new frames. I just hope someone doesnt beat us to it when we actually need to purchase one.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Dakine wrote:So the bill of lading would be the receipt I get from the Post Office or the invoice, stating that i received that specific frame?

Yup Pat, Im actually really happy that I can order new frames. I just hope someone doesnt beat us to it when we actually need to purchase one.
Hi Dakine. so you need a bill of landing receipt? What if the VIN is on a bicycle frame? who's to say its not a spree frame?
or even receive half of frame with the VIN on it?
technically you are buying/receiving a frame.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Sup Ped, I dont think its a Bill Of Landing, Its actually called Bill Of Lading.. I dont know to much about in states. Only international to a certain extent.

Vdub/Allen said I need a Bill of Lading and the Bikes out of state Registration Paper. I also just looked over the Hawaii Dmv stuff very carefully and it does say I need a Bill Of Lading to Register A Bike/Moped from out of state.

So im wondering if the Bill OF Lading is the Invoice from the Post office.... Hmmm
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

hi Dakine. Wikipedia
A bill of lading (sometimes abbreviated as B/L or BoL) is a document issued by a carrier which details a shipment of merchandise and gives title of that shipment to a specified party.[1] Bills of lading are one of three important documents used in international trade to help guarantee that exporters receive payment and importers receive merchandise. A straight bill of lading is used when payment has been made in advance of shipment and requires a carrier to deliver the merchandise to the appropriate party. An order bill of lading is used when shipping merchandise prior to payment, requiring a carrier to deliver the merchandise to the importer, and at the endorsement of the exporter the carrier may transfer title to the importer. Endorsed order bills of lading can be traded as a security or serve as collateral against debt
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Billing of lading is shipping document by boat transit ! The moped/scooter/motorcycle will fill out a form bill of lading information, has to fill in blank model, make, vin matching numbers, license plate/ moped sticker number.

Nothing to do with post office shipping!

So im wondering if the Bill OF Lading is the Invoice from the Post office.... Hmmm

it will not work that way to register moped.
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ruckenstein »

If you're needig a frame with a vin and titled paperwork holler at me. I got a zuma 50 and spree titled frame sitting . I can also get you an elite sa50 frame,elite e, or aero 80 frame in a couple weeks.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

out of state title should have a signature sign and date .
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

When you buy a frame from the dealer you get a mso. Which is the base of all titles. It's a brand new frame so it comes with a brand new mso/mco.
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

LoveMyHonda wrote:When you buy a frame from the dealer you get a mso. Which is the base of all titles. It's a brand new frame so it comes with a brand new mso/mco.
Do they have a vin number? I hear ruckus front frames from honda don't and can't be registered or titled with out an existing vin.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

They have to have a vin stamped on them or they couldn't sell it. It's called illegal.
I just called rpm motorsports in Lakewood co, and he said exactly what I just said. From the time they come off the assembly line they are forced under international mandates to Id that product and have it listed for any and all defects. If you read it on totalruckus they're total retards who can't pick up a phone for themselves and they don't deserve new frames any ways.
If you were to buy an engine case it will not have a serial number due to it needs to be linked to the frame. That is the only time you run into an issue building a bike from the ground up. I have several yamaha banshee, blaster, 660 raptor/grizzly, 86,88,89 honda 250r, xr650, and klr250 engines I built from case up from the dealer.
Heck up to 5 or so years ago you could still buy old stock pre 69 harley blocks that had mso papers with them. Back in the day American bikes were titles to the engine, not the frame. Title went with the engine.