motor swap for honda spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

charger739
Noob
Noob

motor swap for honda spree

Post by charger739 »

im looking for a cost effective motor swap for my 1985 honda spree, just cant bear to give it up any suggestions would be appreciated
patthesoundguy

Re: motor swap for honda spree

Post by patthesoundguy »

Are you looking to replace the motor with a stock one or are you looking to swap in a better motor like a dio AF18 or AF16? Cost effective... It depends on many face and variables. If you can find a running donor motor for a low price and you can do the fan work your self for cheap to make the motor mount and such it MIGHT be cost effective. Its all in how you define cost effective really. My AF18 swap into my spree cost me over $1000 I think with all of the go fast goodies and little parts t make it come together. I called it cost effective because I couldn't buy a scooter that does my my spree dio does for $1000. Maybe you will be lucky and find a motor for cheap with a mount to mod and the rear brake cable you need. When all done a spree with a variated motor is pretty awesome!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ruckenstein »

I have a variated spree engine i would probably let go.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I would go with an elite-s which you can upgrade depending on your cash flow.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!