Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

Post by jakubman1 »

:popcorn:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Absolute A+ for effort...keep trudging on, bro!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yeah, well, at point of no return now. If anybody is interested in my old airbox which has 6 holes drilled in top and the old carb which has the upgraded pilot and main jets already installed, just send me a message and you can have them for the cost of shipping. The old stock pilot should be in good shape still, also have the old #90 main that was used for the first set of videos. What use would these be to someone? Well, if the pilot is swapped right back to stock (or just use your own carb), the airbox is set perfect for the BBK to run on. And I DO recommend, if you are not gonna use the Polini, then you absolutely want to use the airbox or you will run lean.

Your results will be better then this run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TybDRKmT7Fo

Carb would make a good extra to play around with if you don't wanna risk your own. Now we DIDN'T drill the base of where the pilot goes in like was outlined in the wiki, perhaps that could be the reason it didn't work right, so maybe someone might wanna try that hack themselves and see how it works out for them. At this point, the old carb/airbox does me no good even if I strip the BBK off later on unless I tape off the holes and play with those jets again. So I'll instead be looking to just replace those from someone on eBay later on down the line so I have them. I won't be able to get it mailed out till probably later next week or the week after, but thought I'd throw that out there for anybody who is interested.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

:crazy:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Cool beans.. I spoke with 1man8scoots on Facebook. Just bought another intake off eBay and I'm gonna have him port it for me. It won't be here and finished in time for the next dyno run, but the Spree WILL be getting the port job as well.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I just wanted to touch base on the pilot jet. The pilot jet only controls the 1/4 throttle. It was not suppose to be a magic bullet. The theory is if the pilot is to lean on the 1/4 throttle it could cause heat spikes during de-acceleration when you let off the throttle or slow down into the 1/4 throttle range. I was hoping you would test this theory on the spree carb.

taz
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yeah, sorry Taz, we tried. The pilot just didn't seem to run right. Maybe Stan did it wrong, I don't know. Carb is available for free if anybody wants to play around with it. Kinda sucks having to break down and buy a $200 Polini. I'm sure that's a luxury many people don't have. Would be nice to just swap out that pilot for a couple bucks and be good.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Slow-Pilot-Jet-Fo ... 7756610002

Heres polini style idle jets for that cp carb I just ordered these. Gonna take a bit to get in but 4 bucks is 4 bucks
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

That is a good deal. But those look like they are Chinese knock offs. And you know how that usually goes.. But still $3.69 with free shipping!! Might just grab a set.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Like normally the * chinease knock offs are grabage meant to please the wallet but ive heard good things about this seller on other jets for the stock style gy6 carbs so idke. But since it is a set if they are all off they are probably still close to each other so if im at a 42 now but need a 38, but if the 38 in the set is off by 2 siszes I can just go up or down those 2 sizes because they are liable to be all simular to each other. Jet kit knock offs are normally a safe bet if you know how to tune a bike properly.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Oh boy oh boy!! I'm as giddy as a school girl. The goodies have arrived !!!! Thank you so much Brandon!!!

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

E I'm running the same intake adapter and stock intake. Send the adapter with the intake.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Those are some rather nice looking shiny bits you got yourself there Mr eclark. Pics of that gear all mounted up and ready to go would be much appreciated ;)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Gonna be pretty inside and out. :thumbwink:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Any progress yet?