Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

Post by MrJumps »

Meatball wrote:Looking good, man. Might I suggest painting the wheels? Makes a huge difference. :imo:

I did white on one and black on the other. Both Gloss. Changes the whole look. Some guys do a wild neon or a contrast color for accent. Those look good too. Its all personal preference.

what black paint is that?
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Depends on what Black youre looking at. I painted the entire 87' Spree with Krylon "camouflage" FLAT BLACK w/"fusion". It sticks to plastic very well and durable. They have a whole line of "fusion" for plastic and their Camo has 3 colors I believe. Just look for the decal on the front of the can. I went FLAT for the stealth look and planned to add decals but I sold the bike a few weeks ago. Now I just have 1 Elite & 1 Spreelite.

The Gloss is Krylon Supermax. It has primer in it for great coverage. Costs about $6/can but worth it. Gloss takes some patience to lay down without runs since its very watery. Lots of very light coats with dry time inbetween. Final product is so good that it looks like wet paint, very deep gloss black. I use this for the wheels, kickstands and beltcovers.
Attachments
paint.JPG
paint.JPG (130.28 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I cheated. Used the painting booth for mine. Just a basic gloss black and Hawkeye yellow, then clear coat. I was gonna have the rims powder coated, but then, it's not like it will be traveling at such high speeds that rocks and chips and what have you would be an issue... but guess I'll see how it holds out. If not I'll powder coat later on. If I do decide to powder coat, I'll probably do the tranny cover as well. Maybe black with yellow "HONDA" accents on the lettering.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Can I send you mine to paint in the booth? :smile:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Oh, maybe. I have some time off coming up here in a couple weeks. Polaris is shutting down for 2 months so they can upgrade our paint line. Stinks they decide to do it in the winter, I'd rather they did it in the summer so I can catch up on all the fishing I missed out on because of overtime. But, at least I'll have a couple months to kill to take on other projects I've been sidelining. I'm planning on doing an upright arcade cabinet for my game room to put beside this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_cNGQuvUVo
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I have a bunch of MAME Roms if youre tech savvy to install them. I can send you a thumb drive or some discs with em on there. Maybe this more of a PM type correspondence...lol
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

No ROMS needed. I have complete sets for MAME, Atari 2600, 5200, NES, SNES, Sega, etc, etc, etc.. As well as a subscription to emuMovies. I did a custom version of Hyperspin with tons of consoles for a kid this last year in a mini bartop cabinet. He loved it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK87uYzJ3-c
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Totally hijacking my own thread here, but... Here ya go, just uploaded it from my Facebook account. This is pretty much how the bartop I did turned out. I completely hacked the Windows 7 OS and the motherboards BIOS to make it do what it does. When I do my own, I'm gonna use an SSD drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBd9df1PDhY
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So what's the verdict ? Does one need to pick up intake ,carb,reeds, to make it work properly ?
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Ya know, I don't wanna even try giving an answer for that at the moment.

1man8scoots intake and reeds are on the way ( https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/? ... 4444652197 )

No more runs on the dyno will be done until it gets here. I think at minimum though, one will need a different carb. Those tiny Keihin carbs just don't have the oomph you need, and it's not just the Spree.

Take a look around the forums and you'll see a pattern. Bottom line is Keihin designed their carbs to be ran with an air box. When you upgrade to a BBK, you are asking the setup you have to do something it wasn't designed for.

Shawn at SS C&C is a 4 stroke guy, but it was very obvious to him that the entire intake/carb system on my Spree is what was holding it back. You can try a bigger jet with more air using a pod filter, but what you'll end up doing is ramming more air then the carb can process giving you a lean condition. And, like I told the other guy, the airbox fixes that, but then you have to play around with the proper holes and have less power then what the BBK can make.

Guess we will all see in a few days what the Polini with ported intake and reeds does for it.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

That black & yellow looks good man! BUMBLE SPREE! :rock:

PAINT THE FORK TUBES AND BRAKE ASSEMBLY BLACK!!!!!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Bumble Spree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that!!!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Guess I should ditch the MLM and put a stinger on it, huh?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I know that Taz used to make Spree carbs and sold them as a kit with his BBK's. He told me months ago he was in the process of getting more carbs produced. Not sure of what ever came of that. I also cant find anyone on here that had bought one to comment on its results.

Off Topic: This is what happens if you don't buy one of those new SSS fork stems...lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGPbn8mFg0
Last edited by Meatball on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.