95 Elite S questions.......

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

95 Elite S questions.......

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, im finally gettin around to puttin this 95 elite s engine on a spree. the engine is all stock. now, whats some of the easiest mods i can do to the engine? what kind of speeds will it get? i degreased the engine, and found out the crank seals are bad. doesnt matter though, im going to get everything new anyway. thanks for all your info. 8)
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

well if your going to do that anyways then just drop a bore kit into it along with a racing crank
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

they don't make racing cranks for the dio engine any more. They are hard to find but i hope you do. the malossi will be very expensive if you find one. Hope you get a deal on it if you do. The sef will even be harder to find.
W/C
Goped
Goped

Post by W/C »

You better check the crank bearings, if you pull on the crank and it moves either bearings are bad or the case is loose around the bearings
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Post by gingerbreadman »

darat wrote:well if your going to do that anyways then just drop a bore kit into it along with a racing crank
yup that a mean sleeper setup, my friend was running a sef stock stroke with a polini corsa 72/ stock carb stock pipe, but driveline and trans fully upgraded, 60+ looks like a stock but killed bikes with 28 carbs and pg longs... tuning plays big tho
catch me if you can (",)
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Re: 95 Elite S questions.......

Post by gingerbreadman »

chevyguyjay wrote:what kind of speeds will it get?
speed is money. how fast can you afford to go?
catch me if you can (",)
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, not too much. maybe like 100-150. i was lookin at maybe gettin a pully kit. im all new at this engine. dont know to much about it. any info would help. thanks. 8)
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Post by gingerbreadman »

with 150 heres what i would do, pick up a pully like you said, kelli is a very good brand alotta guys here run that brand and so do i :) also pick up a higher pitched ramp like a daytona 2 or a "sef", jet your carb? buy a dremel and remove restictor on your exaust pipe (should be a washer on the exaust port/pipe) invest in a european made bore polini/malossi/fabrizi/daytona it'll be worth your while, over here there are stock crank sprees hitting 70, and thats COMMON. our speeds are acurate cause we are not using gps watches/ vice versa they can be unaccurate... there are guys here use laser/radar guns. :twisted:
catch me if you can (",)
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

cool. thanks for the info. :D is there any sites or pics that i can look at them? :? thanks. 8)
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Post by gingerbreadman »

vt cycles is probably your best bet as far as shipping companys but if you have a local 2 stroke tuning shop they should be able to order/ show you the catolougues, go to forumshawaii.net they have alot of nice pics/info/debates... check it out
catch me if you can (",)
gingerbreadman
BMX
BMX

Post by gingerbreadman »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:they don't make racing cranks for the dio engine any more. They are hard to find but i hope you do. the malossi will be very expensive if you find one. Hope you get a deal on it if you do. The sef will even be harder to find.
vtcycles carry the ruima/ taiwan made mini stroker crank 44.4 you can run stock stroke cylinders also
catch me if you can (",)
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

yeah! 8) thanks! :wink:
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

gingerbreadman wrote:
hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:they don't make racing cranks for the dio engine any more. They are hard to find but i hope you do. the malossi will be very expensive if you find one. Hope you get a deal on it if you do. The sef will even be harder to find.
vtcycles carry the ruima/ taiwan made mini stroker crank 44.4 you can run stock stroke cylinders also
i was talkin about racing cranks not mini strokes. read before you quote some one.