****Official Picture Post****

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ant
Noob
Noob

Post by Ant »

You forgot to mention...CHROME!!!! There is a lot of chrome on that beast. Looks wicked. Did you have to grind out the crankcase to get 85cc in there? New crank?

Glad to see that you got a disk on there too, the first pic, didn't have one, that must have been kinda scary!
xedge4lifex
Noob
Noob

86 and 84 honda sprees ive owned

Post by xedge4lifex »

picked up each one for 150 bones, both ran, no titles.

first the 86
it ran like crap, kick start was shot, obviously.. and the guy who i bought it from thought his paint job was "boss"

Lots of sanding cheap primer and rustoleum gold metal flake rattlecan

removed the airbox, replaced with a v8 breather chopped the muffler, taked up a 2 1/2 foot piece of conduit

redid the seat, fitted a smaller pipe packed with steel wool in the larger pipe, the exhaust was unbearably loud

slapped on a cut out X i printed up and shot over it with some clear to keep it in place and it turned out like this

overall it was still way to loud so i put the old muffler back on, it did 35 with the loud exhuast with crappy pickup, and 33 with the muffler and good pickup
the 84 i bought from a friend, ran decent but topped out at 25

before i did any of the mods i had tryed before, i did the pulley mod, i ground down the inner pully half about 1/2 of what it was origionally, and the scooter still had great pickup and went about 32. very very happy with that mod. however i proceded to grind down the rest of the pulleys inner restriction. sluggishly the spree got up to a whopping 36 mph in a two block strech (160 lbs rider) however i did have to run to ACE and grab a bigger belt i think it was the 250 vbelt 3h wide, if you do this make sure you get the HEAT TEMP BELT its about 15 dollars more, but youll burn up a normal belt in no time and then your out the first 10 bucks you spent. i learned the hard way. furthermore if you dont really care about the look of it, cut a good section ( i did the top 1/2) of the trans cover off, it helps cool things down like crazy! and less belt slip.
i then drilled out a baffle in the muffler, which made it sound cool and gave me a little more slug in the start ( i would push off to get going) but i was hitting 40 on a 4 block stretch.
i rejetted only up to a 75 or 80 i forget, ported the intake manifold with a dremel, v8 air breather and the engine started bogging at 25. i took the air breather off and used a nice old school method of layering pantyhose 4 times over itself over the carbs intake and clamping it down with a hose clamp. it got better pickup, and i could do 42 consistently.
it was very fun but i wasnt working and wanted money so i sold it.
but painted it up like an old vespa before i did because the orig. paint was pretty bad

I loved those sprees and i hope to get my third one this summer
my friend who sold me the second one joke about the SpreeO (Dio powered spree)
when i can find a stock dio motor for 150 ill do it for sure, but untill then im thinking motor swap with an 8 hp 4 cycle snowblower motor and torque converter may be more fitting
have fun looking and i hope i may have helped someone if they wanted some more juice under their caboose

oh and im 22 i built the gold one when i was 19 and the other when i was 20, so dont give me crap about the professionality of things. i could really not care less.
thanks!
Aaron
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

I like allot!
The only thing i have to said is leave the tail pipes alone. The stock pipe (with 2-3 baffles drilled, not all of the) gives the right amount of back pressure. With these super small engines back pressure is needed for them to run right.
But wow! Nice job. I really like the style you give them.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Also, Welcome to the site new people!
1991--------Tomos Targa-
xedge4lifex
Noob
Noob

thanks!

Post by xedge4lifex »

for the feeback
i should be posting more stuff if i get another spree.
ive seen both on craigslist in the chicago area after i sold them, still running great and listed for what i had sold it to that person for.
got to love that great honda resale value!
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

very cool. :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

The snow is melting...
1991--------Tomos Targa-
wbpolk
BMX
BMX

Post by wbpolk »

nice pic!
01silverado
Noob
Noob

Post by 01silverado »

Does 27mph right now. Tryin to get up to 40mph without a bore kit, if possible. Probably be selling all my plastics I took off, red, if anybody is interested pm me an offer.
87 Elite, 50cc
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You need to remove the travel limiter plate in the front variator, drill out 2 of your muffler baffles, make sure your exhaust isnt plugged up and the muffler doesnt have a washer welded in. Then it will do ~35.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
cardiffchris1
Noob
Noob

Post by cardiffchris1 »

Gold 1984 Honda Elite 125
Silver 1985 Honda Elite 150
sfzoo
BMX
BMX

Post by sfzoo »

murdered out' BEAST!

Flat black(including the hardware) and gold rims...... :twisted:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

d*** DUDE !

that bike looks bad *. but i mean for real, i cant see a scratch on the thing. AMAZING.

A 01 honda elite SR. One of the fastest mopeds here is mod for mod. You can make those things do crazy speeds. Do you have anything done to the motor?
or is it all body work?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
sfzoo
BMX
BMX

Post by sfzoo »

Dac wrote:d*** DUDE !

that bike looks bad *. but i mean for real, i cant see a scratch on the thing. AMAZING.

A 01 honda elite SR. One of the fastest mopeds here is mod for mod. You can make those things do crazy speeds. Do you have anything done to the motor?
or is it all body work?

I bought a Elite SR 50 recently. The guy who sold it to me said it was a high performance machine with a Malossi Racing Kit (whatever that means). and he gave me this list of parts:
-72cc Motor Kit
-Carbon Race Reeds
-Carb Kit, 28mm
-Varator Kit
-Belt
-High End Gear Kit
-Heavy Duty Clutch Springs
-Varator Spring Upgrade
-Carb Filter Kit
-Clutch Weights

this thing goes real real fast....never clocked tho, but the speedo pin disappears under the plastic when i open her up!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Malossi is tied with Pollini for the best moped parts there are. You have one * of a set up.

Personally there is only one thing i would change on that bike. And that is switching to a Shaded japan tail light. Other then that i cant see anything i would change.

Amazing bike.
1991--------Tomos Targa-