My new 1985 spree, need advise on upgrading.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

evilone wrote:CharlotteSpreeRider, i'm talking about the whole "arm" that the wheel and everything else is attached to. I'll have to take a closer look.
The "arm" is the whole motor...check the lower bolt on the front of the engine to the frame.

-aseigler
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

O.K. Thanks.
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

Try removing the intake manifold and smoothing out the inside. And, as usual, do a plug chop.

keithw
kaaos82
Goped
Goped

Post by kaaos82 »

How much did the 1/2 Belt cost you, and what kind of belt do you get, like measurements, etc.

Is it worth doing or should I stay stock?
You Laugh Cuz Its Small Girl, I Laugh Cuz It's BIG...on GAS MILEAGE!
1985 Black Honda Spree - Running Great, need to clean air filter and muffler :-)
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

evilone wrote:Kenny, you didn't answer me! Are the baffles about 6 inches in? To the others commenting...it's worth a try doing the mods, I've heard of people getting 40 without MAJOR mods and some have had 35 mph out of the box on 86 and 87 sprees, seems like 5 more mph isn't asking too much! Gamemedic, I see someone got the Elite and posted it on the forums. One of these days I will find one closer to me.
Sounds like it might have already been drilled, check with a light.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.