price

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

doug
Noob
Noob

price

Post by doug »

my dad told me this week that he dosent allow scooters or motor cycles :evil: :cry: so im looking to sell it, with 1058 miles and a perfect body and a new seat, i think its in great shape. i just dont know how much its worth? do you guys? it runs great! idles perfect and has only died once (i was out of gas) so give me a quote
Jerry
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

What's it worth?

Post by Jerry »

Value depends on many factors. Where are you located, can you ship, guaranteed not DOA, compression in addition to good looks, etc.
Depending on these variables, anywhere from 200 to 500 or slightly more if the circumstances are right. We're not talking Lexus or Bimmers here. No matter how much you like it or want it.
How long have you had it? Buy it new or used and how long ago? What did you pay for it? All these things you have to take into consideration. From what I've been told, UPS ships for $75 to $125 depending on location. You have to break it down into two components though.
Hope it helps.
Scoot safely
Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jim »

ouch that sucks about the parents, my parents said the same thing, except they didnt like motorcycles only, so i introduced scooters as a very safe alternative. now i plan on saying "i cant get to school on time so i need somthing faster" and slowly work up :). next on the list is a 250 ninja
86 Honda Spree - Lawn Ornament
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
92 Honda CBR600 F2 - Current Daily driver
Spree Repair Guide
db50
Noob
Noob

Post by db50 »

doug-Sorry to hear about the no bike rule. If you can't get your folks to warm up to the scoot I may be interested in your bike. Could you send me pics and info about its condition? Also, where are you located? jmc06atonlineispdotnet Thanks db50
frog357
BMX
BMX

Post by frog357 »

You might be able to get more than it's worth if you part the bike and sell it on e-bay. It's more work doing this but I always see a lot of spree stuff for sale and it always sells.
FreddyT
jarcaf
Noob
Noob

Post by jarcaf »

Your friends at school don't know its value. A lot of people going into college really dig the idea of a scoot. I had a friend who wanted my crappy-looking semi-runner for $400. I couldn't do that to him though...plus I like mine.