Knobby tires VS Street tires

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Vandal_Spree
Noob
Noob

Knobby tires VS Street tires

Post by Vandal_Spree »

I have a couple questions. I want to know if knobby tires will reduce the speed of my 86 Spree. I weigh 200 pounds and it barely goes 30 so i cant loose any MPH. Is that the average speed of sprees?
86 Honda Spree @ University of Idaho. * Yeah!
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Knobby tires VS Street tires

Post by mopedman »

Vandal_Spree wrote:I have a couple questions. I want to know if knobby tires will reduce the speed of my 86 Spree. I weigh 200 pounds and it barely goes 30 so i cant loose any MPH. Is that the average speed of sprees?
yes 30 is about all you get out of these things
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Stick with street tires.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Stick with street tires.
what he said,

im 200 myself and on a good day i can do around 33 @ WOT on my 86 if things are nice and clean and not fowled up.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Just depends on the riding you want to do. Me and my cousins used to race sprees around the yard all the time. Some knobbys would have been nice then lol.
seacook
BMX
BMX

Post by seacook »

Stick with street tires...They are Awesome! I just put a new set on my spree and its easy to feel them grip the road on the turns.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Be warned, the d*** things are worthless in gravel and wet grass I only slid and nearly lost it twice today running my dog around.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
seacook
BMX
BMX

Post by seacook »

Street Tires also grip concrete well, so well that when I was admiring the sound of my Spree as I reved it that I lifted the front end up enough for the rear to grab the garage floor...opps! Anyone have an extra Tailight lense?
chrisdangerpants
Noob
Noob

Post by chrisdangerpants »

well, i went from street to knobby and the only difference is the noise it makes on the pavement. Think one of those offroad trucks and how noisy they are on the pavement, then scale it down to a spree size tire. I have to say i will not be going back to street, because i love the fact that I can go offroad now.

Ive cut thru playgrounds and baseball fields now that I have my knobbys, and I love them.

oh ya, it didnt even reduce my mph by 1. I still get the same speed with the knobbys that I did with street.
nightwolf1772
Noob
Noob

Post by nightwolf1772 »

I