Worse day ever...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

PimpinSpree wrote:was it a stock bore??
yes, i was testing the dio motor seeing what was the best speed i could get out of only 49cc.

i manage to get 54mph so far, Im going to do some other stuff now, but i will get back to advance tuning of 49cc someday.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

poor dac =(
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I have my old oil pump sitting in a box in my garage.. no one's bought it, make me an offer man

or if you want a cheap(er) plug, you can press the gear off the stock pump working or not and just install back in.

Stud and head nut kit from Vt like $12, good stuff
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

when i took off the the oiler, this piece came right out, so i just left it out, now im going premix. YEAH CHEAPNESS!

man, i was all * off last night, slammed my shed door, didnt think about it. Went out there today and realized that i crushed my poor oko stack air filter!

i got the new springs in the clutch, and the rollers are still good, belts good, cleaned the carb up, filter on it, and the hole nine 9 yards. All i got to do now is get some new cylinder bolts. Witch by the way i was able to track some down today. The shop i talked to said they have 24 in stock, only like 50cents each. As soon as i get a ride out there to pick them up, im going to throw my semi screwed 72cc kit on this thing.
i know its no race motor or anything, but it should last till i can get some cash to really start doing things to this...

1991--------Tomos Targa-
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

You know.....once you come to the dark side...It's hard to go back to stock. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i have been there before... :lol:

i was just taking a break, the hole 49cc cylinder intreged me. you can hold it WOT all day long without seize. So i decided to see how far i could push the stock 49cc top end.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

The oil pump that used to be on my spree did the same thing. I thought it coming apart was normal at first because i had never had it out before, but i knew it was no good. Then i got the new one and realized it wasn't supposed to come out. On mine it would flow oil into the cylinder constantly though causing it to lock up completely if sat for a few days.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

Dac wrote:i have been there before... :lol:

i was just taking a break, the hole 49cc cylinder intreged me. you can hold it WOT all day long without seize. So i decided to see how far i could push the stock 49cc top end.
but can't you cruise at 50 with the big bore at half throttle?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

PimpinSpree wrote:
Dac wrote:i have been there before... :lol:

but can't you cruise at 50 with the big bore at half throttle?
not always,

im sure with a polini, 28mm carb, pglong pipe, gears, and all properly tuned. that you would be able to cruise like 50mph half throttle, But thats like a 500$ set up.

plus with the stock 49cc there is no break. and its allot harder to blow up. you can do allot with 49cc on a dio motor.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

If its set up right it should be able to go wot all day long (fat fat oil mix, 25:1 sounds right to me) keep an eye on the temp gauge(buy one!).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

well, got some new head bolts.
put the cylinder on, went to put the motor on and realized what time it was (time for me to go do something) just got home and its to late for me to work on it.

Looks like tomorrow will be the day.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Where did you score the cylinder bolts? I'm trying to find some and all i can come up with is from a place online but it will take 2 weeks. The local honda dealership can get them but at over $3 each. I just need freakin 1!
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

eclypse wrote:Where did you score the cylinder bolts? I'm trying to find some and all i can come up with is from a place online but it will take 2 weeks. The local honda dealership can get them but at over $3 each. I just need freakin 1!
hardware store.. it'll work the same
projects galore :nerd:
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Figures.. Thats what my Dad was thinking. Thanks for the info burnt toast. :wink:
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

eclypse wrote:Figures.. Thats what my Dad was thinking. Thanks for the info burnt toast. :wink:
good luck, you need to find somewhere that has metric bolts.

its like 1 x 6mm thread, 95mm longs, with a 10mm hex head.

there is a place about 20 minutes from me that had like 24 in stock, only 50 cents each, but all the sell is bolts, nothing else. i stopped at allot of local hardware store first, but no one had anything like it.

good luck finding them man, i believe i got lucky, i hope you get lucky too.
1991--------Tomos Targa-