Lets hear your wipe out story

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

lipskid
BMX
BMX

Lets hear your wipe out story

Post by lipskid »

Well I wiped out the other night for the first time. While riding with "THE KILLING SPREES" we were making a right turn and I was too hard on the throttle. Then the damned thing started to come around on me. I was like "I got it. I got it" and then she stood up on me and over we went. I did a little "tuck-n-roll maneuver I learned back when I was a stuntman and turned up O.K. The scooter grinded across the concrete and got some more battle wounds. Turns out there was some sand on the street from all that rain we got. The scoot is still in one piece and my wrist is a little sore but no road rash thank God. So let's hear your story and how you survived...or didn't.
"THE KILLING SPREES"...better than Fight Club
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Back on my Honda Spree (at 14yrs old), took a slow left turn at about 10mph and hit some sand and back wheel kicked out, flipping to left then right. dropped the scoot but got up with minor scratches but tore up my fav pants at the time! :lol: No helmet for first yr I had it too, I was a dumdum on that one
Last edited by burnt_toast on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
projects galore :nerd:
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Back when i was 12-13 i had a crazy mini bike that had a large frame and a huge tractor rear tire. There was a small area a block or 2 away from my cousins house that had a small dirt trail and a nice 3 foot hill we would jump on the bikes.

Well my cousins also had there mini bike there as well and we were takin turns jumping the hill.. Then my cousin said that she was runing out of gas and had to go home and get some gas.. I waited for her for a few mins and was wondering what was taking so long so i decided to drive to her house and see whats up.

My bike only prob did maybe 25-30 max and i was at WOT about half way down the street and all of the sudden the handlebars came off about 2 houses away! All i remember was the panic of thinking this is gona hurt! and rolling down the street with my helmet hitting the curb.

Lucky me, my parents just freakin bought me a helmet the day prior.. Talk about luck.

I got up off the street and there was a few kids out that was like whoa! heh.. I remember walking into my cousins house and using the phone to call my Dad to come over with the truck and hall the bike home.

I thought i might of broke a few ribs but i guess i was ok.

Oh.. the handlebars came off cause stupid me didnt pay any attention to the loose bolt that held them on.. I did remember being able to pull up on the handlebars and the bolt would be loose.. heh didnt think to check the nut under it.

d*** did i get lucky that thing didnt come apart coming down from a jump off that hill earlier.

That was the end of that mini bike and the new shinny blue helmet.

I believe shortly after that i bought some cherry red new moped.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Oh wait there was one other time i had an accident.. this time on my 88 Elite 50 LX. Funny as i never crashed on my Elite and it was my friends that trashed it for me.. but one time i was on the bike riding with my friend Jeff.

We were crusing in his sub division. He was driving and i was on the back. He was prob 100lbs all wet and i was prob 300lbs then.

We were going around a curve on his street and there was a seriously hot chick sun tanning on her front yard earlier. This time when we drove by i noticed she we getting up and i yelled to Jeff " Yo check it out" By then we were both lookin behind us checking her out. Then i turned around and looked infront of us and there was a car headed right for us!

I yelled to him to stop and what did he do? He nailed the front brake and we ended up doing a front wheely and i totally crushed him into the handlebars. lol.. Ofcourse we didnt land back down on the rear tire.. no we landed on its side.

The front tire was totally bent! We took the bike over to his neighbors house cause his dad had tools and he tried bending the tire back with a crowbar. helped a tad.. Never got a new rim and the wheel was bent from then on.

Thats another thing i got to replace when i restore my bike.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i have crashed my bikes more times then i can count. and im good with math.

some big ones?

i had a 450 honda 4-wheeler slam into my on my 96 elite.
he took a blind turn, seen me in just enough time to lock up the tires and slide into me.

a few friends and i where out riding, mark hit like a pop can and whipped out, i slammed into his metropolitan with my 92 elite, flipped over the top of the mopeds and slammed into the ground. Right as i started to roll, ryan landed on top of me.
the hole thing was at like 35mph or so, we all got tore up but the bikes didnt turn out to bad. the metro got the panel busted, my bike after hitting marks just laid on its right side and slid some. Im not to sure what happen to ryans bikes. no real visible damage. i believe his bike just landed on top of my 92.

Me and ryan where riding up and down this street with a lot of sand on the end of it. we would get going fast then slam the brakes and see who could get the longer slide. While, i ran into him at about 15mph when he just came to a stop.
His bike got fairly busted up, but his was a junker anyway so luckily he said don't worry about the damage.

where i live, the people i ride with, there is always small crashes. i think the most recent one, was when i wheelied off the back of my 89 elite. it was in grass so nothing major happened.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Never dumped a scooter. Hit a deer once with my 750 Honda. Tried real hard to miss the deer and got sideways and tumbled down the road with the bike. I on the other hand broke the first 5 ribs on the right side at least 16 times and put 2 of them into the lung, collapsing that lung. Crushed the right foot and broke the right shoulder blade. Making Cobay steak of my right side. Almost died at the scene due to the idiot volunteer firemen worrying about my bleeding right foot caused by a torn loose toe nail and not putting oxygen on me. Fortunately the ambulance EMTs were smarter. Oh yeah, and the deer got up and left the scene. :roll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

deer freak the s*** out of me. :shock:
where i live, theres allot of deer. I mean, if they can do this to my cousins car,
crushed the car so much he had to cut the radiator off the exhaust manifold.
I mean, just think of what they could do to a spree or an elite...
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Chisholm
Goped
Goped

Post by Chisholm »

Hit a opossum on the Spree going full speed (32 mph) a few weeks ago.
A car was passing me (can you believe it?), and the opossum barely missed the car, then it was me between the curb and the car, with the opossum in front of me...
I saw my opportunity and I took it.

I've ridden scooters in Taipei commuter traffic, but this North American thing is a WHOLE different ballgame!
Ramped over the opossum, but got the wobbles on landing. Took a slide on the pavement. Good rashes on belly, elbow, and knee.
The Spree survived with minimal damage.

*Oh, and I'm considering forging a Michigan BOS to register my new Elite that the previous owner is flaking out on the title on.
I was planning on making the BOS, taking it to get an out of state inspection, then trying to register it. I realize that a MI registration would be helpful, but not available at the moment.
Any thoughts?