What years have interchangable parts?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

roadracer791

What years have interchangable parts?

Post by roadracer791 »

I have an 86 Spree and am trying to restore it.

I bought a carb and an exhaust off an 87 but the exhaust doesn't fit. I'm not sure, but I think I may have issues with the carb as well.

I also need a starter motor.

What years work together?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

the exhaust should fit. let me guess its hitting the plastic cover on the side of the engine? yeah its a pain in the * to get to fit right sometimes. the carb should also fit. if the choke wires dont work together you can cut the wires and match the colors up.good luck.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

My understanding is that Spree parts from 1984 to 1987 are all interchangable. Exhaust from 84-85 is different from 86-87, but interchangable. Carbs are different as well for same breakpoints, but interchangable. Some Aero 50 and Elite 50 parts of this vintage will interchange as well, but this varies.
roadracer791

Post by roadracer791 »

Here is a link to the carb I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

It doesn't fit right - the choke goes on the inside and thus touches the shock. I think it was for the wrong scooter - the seller is being a * and claims it was for a Spree but might not fit an 86.

Can anybody confirm that this is the wrong carb? It has a number stamped on it - anybody got an 87 that they can read me the carb number off of? Or better yet send me a pic?
Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jim »

http://m.1asphost.com/spreerepairing/carb.htm thats what a honda spree carb should look like
86 Honda Spree - Lawn Ornament
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
92 Honda CBR600 F2 - Current Daily driver
Spree Repair Guide