ID honda scooter

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: ID honda scooter

Post by eliteguy50 »

the dio used here in the states is engine code AF16E. I think yours may be a dio zx, AF27.
you can check by looking at your final drive gear case, just behind you belt drive case. I circled the location in this pic.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
DaveInTexas
Noob
Noob

Post by DaveInTexas »

Thanks for the offers of help.
A couple pointed out voltage regulators available.

I think you may have missed my later post where he has replaced the VR twice (with brand new ones) and each time they burn out. So he has done that a few times and we'd rather avoid that again. I did not find out about this fact til later myself.

I wonder if we need to look beyond the VR at what might be causing too much amperage or volts, causing a VR burnout.

Any way to test the components that feed the VR?

Ie testing the alternator? There is no separate rectifier to test?
The wiring looks great, no signs of arcing either.
DaveInTexas
Noob
Noob

Post by DaveInTexas »

PS on the wiring harness diagram, there is a 5Watt resistor.
If this was blown, think we might get surges?

PN 35400-GW0-000
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

The service manual is the way to go for this sort of problem. Normally it has a pretty good trouble shooting section. My brother used the Elite 80 service manual from Honda to diagnose his electrical system and find the fault regulator. Someone on here might know, but either way you should pick up the manual because they are super handy. You'll use it constantly.
Sweet site with info on Honda's and tons of other scooters: http://www.MotorScooterGuide.net
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

with this being an asian market scooter, it may have a higher output electrical system than the American scooters. you may just have to buy a regulator from a foriegn dealer's website and have it shipped internationally.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.