Vapor Install Vid

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Vapor Install Vid

Post by burnt_toast »

Check it out, let me know what yall think

projects galore :nerd:
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Re: Vapor Install Vid

Post by SpyderMike »

very nice!

man i want one of them
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

For the price that gauge is worth it for what it does.another good spot to mount the gauge is where the bolt that holds the back of the headset.that way you can run the wires through the headset hole and under the panels.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

I must admit that gauge looks really nice. You didn't have to give me any props BT although I do appreciate it lol. Well you have all of the core necessities to fine tune the bike now. A customer of mine explained something to me in an interesting way and I have to admit that I agree with it. When you tune a stock bike in relation to one that's modded, it's like looking at a cone. A stock bike is like looking at the wide end of the cone where you have lots of room to play with side to side. As you mod the bike, you approach the narrow end of the cone where your margin of error becomes smaller.

When you have a ped built up like Burnt Toast's, tuning can be a tricky process but it's not hard if you stop and think about it logically. A tach can do wonders with helping you find the tuning points for your engine, experienced tuners can tell by ear however it's still nice to be able to "see" things like when your pipe kicks in and your engine starts to rev up strong, etc.

He's using Castor 927 which is IMO one of if not the best high temp oil you can use. You'll notice that while you tune the weights in respect to the center spring being used along with his own weight, now he can fine tune his jetting for temperature. On most bikes like Toast's, full power is realized around 300-325F, all this assuming an oil ratio no less than 32:1. Fuel and oil needs to atomize correctly in order to burn completely. On the extreme end of things, you never want to exceed 500F since that's when aluminum starts to do all sorts of evil things. A full power run should set the temps at just about 400F but if it does go over, it shouldn't be much over it and if you jet your slow circuit on the carb correctly, it should be a tad rich so when you throttle off, it'll help to drop those temps back down a bit. Fully warmed up and idling should be around 250-275F, 200F if its been sitting at idle for a while with no load. CHT temperature plays a very large role in how much power your bike actually makes.

In comparison a bike conservatively tuned may sit around 225-275F for most of the time, which is good in terms of lasting a long time however the engine will never see its true power potential if the temps stay in that zone all the time. There's all kinds of approaches towards tuning, you just need to tune it the way you intend on riding it. Just remember these tips are in regards to a modded bike. :D
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Nice -
I like the installation on mirror arm, no plastics cut, wires tuck through the mirror grommet.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Looks good, I was wondering how it would work on a scoot. I sold my 4-wheeler last week and let the vapor I had go with it for free. I would have hooked you up with it if I knew you wanted one.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

jstone wrote:Looks good, I was wondering how it would work on a scoot. I sold my 4-wheeler last week and let the vapor I had go with it for free. I would have hooked you up with it if I knew you wanted one.
Hah dang, yeah I remember you were offering it for sale.

Had I known I ordered the kit with wrong size sender I would've tried to get yours, ahh wells money's spent might as well use it :P
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

:shock: d*** i want one.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.