Haggard battery setup

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Haggard battery setup

Post by fightingplankton »

adios1344 wrote:
motormike wrote:Tell us this.....Is the key on when brake light is on,
OR, key off...brake light on with battery installed :?: :?: .................................................................... :coolcruise:
The brake light comes on as soon as the key is put to the "on" position.
um yeh...thats when its supposed to come on. when you said "its on all the time" we assumed you meant even with the key out.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

Well I know I rewired the tail light correctly, so check it out by the handle bars?
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

fightingplankton wrote:
adios1344 wrote:
motormike wrote:Tell us this.....Is the key on when brake light is on,
OR, key off...brake light on with battery installed :?: :?: .................................................................... :coolcruise:
The brake light comes on as soon as the key is put to the "on" position.
um yeh...thats when its supposed to come on. when you said "its on all the time" we assumed you meant even with the key out.
No.... You know in any vehicle when you press the brake the tail light brightens to show that your braking? Mine is always showing that its braking, and never dimmed. Which is annoying because cars behind me can't tell if I am braking in the night, which terrifies me.
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

Hello: Like motormike said. one of the brake lever tail light switches is on all the time. If you don't have to pull one of the levers to start the scoot, then that would tell you if ones on all the time, not which one though
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

dun rite wrote:Hello: Like motormike said. one of the brake lever tail light switches is on all the time. If you don't have to pull one of the levers to start the scoot, then that would tell you if ones on all the time, not which one though
That thought never crossed my mind. I will go check that out. Hopefully I can get it fixed. and I still have to wire the signals.
reynoldston
Goped
Goped

Post by reynoldston »

looks like a good idea to me. Just make a box for your battery and you should be good to go. The only thing I would worry about is could it harm your charging system.
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

I am making a box cubby hole thing to put on the back, replacing the rack. And this battery doesn't stay over night, or in rain.
reynoldston
Goped
Goped

Post by reynoldston »

Make a top for home made battery box and make sure you have no draw on the battery when every thing is turned off . Then you will be ok to leave it in the rain or over night.
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

Well for now this will do, this isn't going to be a permanent battery. We aren't expecting rain for the next few days. I would just put it in the battery hole that's on there (after removing plastic holder) but this battery is still too tall :(
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

Okay I found out why my tail light was always on. I believe the tail light is a dual filament bulb, and today, in class it hit me. I was like "wait, Clint is so d*** dumb, he probably put a turn signal in the tail light!"

Lo and behold, its indeed a single filament bulb, that turned out being a turn signal. Now, to find a dual filament bulb >.<
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Oh Clint.......always F**kin' S**t up :crazy:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
adios1344
Goped
Goped

Post by adios1344 »

Trafficjamz wrote:Oh Clint.......always F**kin' S**t up :crazy:
Lol I only wish you could have have seen how rigged this scooter was when I got it. He is a giant hick. This was in perfect condition before he got it, and then he had it for a few months and ruined it.