Hi from south australia!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

geezer101
Goped
Goped

Re: Hi from south australia!

Post by geezer101 »

I am one of those guys who likes a challenge. To me it would be a shameful waste to let any decent piece of machinery get scrapped because it was in the 'too hard' basket. If I can get my hands on an aftermarket bore kit and up the cc's half the battle's won. Plus I've already invested some cash into it and there's gotta be a reward in this somewhere! Since owning it I've managed to scrounge a replacement speedo cable sleeve, light switch assembly, a headlight (it was a dud as both high and low were blown) which I modded myself, aftermarket mirrors, bar ends and grips, replaced the brakes, fitted up new tyres and recon'd the variator with 8.5g Malossi rollers and given it a general tidy up. I've made a few other minor mods to it too just to make it safer and comfortable for Mrs G. Here's my H4 modded headlight -
It was a good scooter for it's age and I think it has the potential to be even better!
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

Welcome to the forums mate! =).
I'm rooting for yah too! I come from the same mind set as wanted these great pieces of machinery back on the road!
Nice color! and pretty decent overall shape as well. Maybe it looks better in photos? :shock:
I feel your pain on the exuberant extortionist prices as we have them here in Hawaii as well.
Keep us posted on your progress! =)
geezer101
Goped
Goped

Post by geezer101 »

A picture tells a thousand lies...lol! Literally every member of my brother's ex-wifes family had crashed it and the side covers are pretty scraped up. I got very lucky when I discovered one of the only 3 shops locally that deal in scooters exclusively had a second hand speedo cable sleeve and switching assembly. I originally got it going again for my brother who took it back onto the farm, his wife crashed it (yet again...) and they couldn't get it running so it sat for another 6 months until he gave it away to me. In the mean time he lost the head lamp and it took me another 3 months to find a replacement one that was toast anyway! Grrr.... About the only new genuine part I can get for it is a replacement transmission belt shipped out of Melbourne for $50 AU. Just out of curiousity - why is it when I try to key in 'f i t t e d' the site blocks it? Is there a subversive meaning behind it that Australians are unaware of? :confused: When I make progress (or if), I'll post pics. Thanks guys
motormike

Post by motormike »

No particular reason the words "f i t t e d & f i t t i n g" are being censored. No hidden meanings. I did bring this anomilee to the proper authorities attention. IDK..... :hi:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
geezer101
Goped
Goped

Post by geezer101 »

New guy in a big town motormike... you never know. :lol:
motormike

Post by motormike »

Here is a thought...Next time your cruising for a date, tell an eager-looking street lady that you're wanting to get "properly f i t t e d "...report back with the outcome.... :2thumbs:
RideRed
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

The only references to fitted I know of are about a specific style of baseball hat with a flat brim that is "gangster " or a new word for describing someone who is well put together, replacing snazzy. Maybe it is a none American innuendo, like otob (reversed spelling to get past the filter).
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
motormike

Post by motormike »

eliteguy50 wrote: Maybe it is a none American innuendo, like otob (reversed spelling to get past the filter).
b o t o ... :*: ....does that mean ?Nevermind, I asked before realizing that I don't even want to know
RideRed
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

It is required,um, equipment, when participating in the action of your smilie.
geezer101
Goped
Goped

Post by geezer101 »

Whoa - fire in the hole!!!! One relatively innocent question and it is on! lol Thanks to eliteguy50 for pointing me in the direction of a replacement bore kit through Malossi. Price is respectable but will I need a new head and any other ancilliaries to get it all together and running? And then I saw that primary gear set and shaft - uh oh... :ndance: Wonder if Mrs G will mind if it went a little faster?
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

geezer101 wrote:Whoa - fire in the hole!!!! One relatively innocent question and it is on! lol Thanks to eliteguy50 for pointing me in the direction of a replacement bore kit through Malossi. Price is respectable but will I need a new head and any other ancilliaries to get it all together and running? And then I saw that primary gear set and shaft - uh oh... :ndance: Wonder if Mrs G will mind if it went a little faster?
They are a tall ratio of 7.83:1. If she rides a lot of stop light to stoplight traffic, she might. They hurt take off. Redeft sells the malossi kit with head for $165 plus shipping: " Malossi Cast Cylinder WITH HEAD and cylinder bolts, carbon reeds,main jet"