update on the scoots.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

too bad i want a crome cluch bell.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

thats going to cost some$$
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:but as you know as well as everyone else, i dont tune for speed, no s*** your bike is faster themn mine. also i dont have a stroker pipe on my bike. the clutch has nothing to do with your bike being faster.
i f you wanna I'll put the sef black on the G and we'll see about the clutch or is it just tuning?being rich is only for long * uphill hauls, not for everyday riding.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:but as you know as well as everyone else, i dont tune for speed, no s*** your bike is faster themn mine. also i dont have a stroker pipe on my bike. the clutch has nothing to do with your bike being faster.
also if you don't tune for speeed how do you knoe that the clutch doesn't affect speed. is iot here say ar actual usage. if you wanna prove me wrong like i said I'll put the sef black on the G and we'll test the clutch theory of yours.You do have a shane miyaki motor with several cc on me. When you wanna do this. chucs.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

you can talk all you want, but you know just as well as everyone else that i dont race, so save it.
and i have tryed other clutches, so i do know whats up.

like i said. in this case, its no use to him. read back to my previous post. i said, untill you get into fine tuning, you dont need to worry about a clutch, or any of the other fine tuning parts. not to mention, the stock clutch is ALWAYS gonna be more reliable.
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

bitteraspects is right...clutch bell has nothing to do with speed

ALTHOUGH...it does have something to do with efficiency, a performance clutch will TRANSFER the power of the engine to the tires more efficiently than a stock one, however, it wont deal anything with making the bike/scooter/moped/whatever faster.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote: getting a new clutch wont really make a difference, and will just waste your money..
you have it wrong since you said you tried other clutches but since you don't tune to race period how do you know that other clutches are not better.the difference is in application of the knowledge not just theory.Your application has no merit. The differences I had has been 5+miles on different clutches with different cc motors. Even on an 85cc motor it made a difference not just a stroker.5+ miles is alot for just a mere clutch. So you think that is a difference you can disregard? there is my proof in the pudding of what other clutches can do with trial and error and since I do want the most speed unlike you I do know that clutches make a difference.
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

if he has tried other clutches and they made a difference, do you think he would of said that?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

ok so if you tne for speed then cluches help.
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

performance clutches only help with clutch slip. They slip less, therefore more transfer of engine speed rather than loosing it from slipping.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah they will help alot
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

darat wrote:yeah they will help alot
wrong
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

Farfignugin wrote:performance clutches only help with clutch slip. They slip less, therefore more transfer of engine speed rather than loosing it from slipping.
no. they also add less rotational mass, freeing up your trans for further preformance, and allow you to fine tune your power band.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

bitteraspects wrote:
darat wrote:yeah they will help alot
wrong
AH i was talking about the sliping
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

MySpree wrote:ok so if you tne for speed then cluches help.
not exactly...

when you get heavy into preformance parts, and you start to fine tune your trans, thats when you want to get into clutches, cdi's, rotor kits, port timing, ect...

but as you dont even have a cylender on yet, a clutch is the least of your worrys.