Hondaspree IP ban vote

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ip ban for hondaspree

Poll ended at Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

yes for the love of god, ban ip's!
100%
No reason to ban ip's, let the trolls run this place!
No votes

Total votes: 19

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Hondaspree IP ban vote

Post by benji »

Uuuugggghhhhhh.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Folks:

I've unlocked this topic so we can continue to discuss this. As most know, I'm no longer heavily active in the board, but I do pay to keep it up, running, and moderated. I care deeply about it's existence and continued operation. If I didn't I'd have shut it down years ago.

That said, let's discuss technology to keep folks banned from the board. I can tell you from personal experience that IP bans only go so far to keep folks out and must be constantly maintained. Mousewheels, while he was here, took this on and in doing do massively reduced the amount of China/Russia spam, as well as blocking out Trains420's accounts. We have, by the way, banned the entirety of the town he lives in, to the point that the couple of folks that live there that try to get accounts here have to email me to get accounts. The bottom line is that there are ways around IP bans, and Trains420 has given me an excellent education on how to avoid these sorts of things.

So, for my part, I'm falling back to what has always worked. As of today, all 3 of the moderators have full banning privileges, which deletes account, posts, and PMs user accounts, and my permission to use them on Trains420 new accounts. I'm sure he's set up several, so we'll be playing wack a mole for awhile eliminating him from the board.

As for free speech: I'm all for it. That said, this is not an anonymous image board, it is curated content, and I'm not about to allow the level of debate to sink to that level. Trains420 is, of course, a special case of this sort. He doesn't get to speak here and isn't welcome. His content doesn't deserve curation, and when I or my folks ID him, he's gone.

G9, as for your decision to stay or leave the board, that's completely up to you, of course. I'm going to remind you, as I have others, that when you leave a place b/c of trolls, you let trolls win. I don't believe in letting trolls win; I prefer to grind them into the ground instead. I'd appreciate your help, of course, in developing ideas around how that can best be done.

Thoughts welcome, as always. Best, NG
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Most excellent!
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi forum. Is it safe in here? :lol:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

ped wrote:Hi forum. Is it safe in here? :lol:
Yup got her back bro! We mods have banning power now so that chucklehead won't be an issue. It was quite a ride while he was lurking about lol ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Post by Just Joel »

Excellent...
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Very nicely stated, Noisy. I'm not able to log in all the time, but I do look around for new names and Report Exclamation points whenever I do. Between Noisy, Mikey and PTSG and me, we can patrol the board pretty well, but occasionally abusive posts will make it on and stay until one of us punches the Poof button. Lately I've come to rather enjoy it more than I really should. Some computer-users have a way of getting under one's skin, ya know?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Very nicely stated, Noisy. I'm not able to log in all the time, but I do look around for new names and Report Exclamation points whenever I do. Between Noisy, Mikey and PTSG and me, we can patrol the board pretty well, but occasionally abusive posts will make it on and stay until one of us punches the Poof button. Lately I've come to rather enjoy it more than I really should. Some computer-users have a way of getting under one's skin, ya know?
I had a little fun with the guy... I killed him with kindness. When he would pm and swear and slander I told him I loved him and sent hugs. All people like that want is a fuss, I didn't give that :-). If anyone thinks they have that horrible troll pestering them here or see something abusive or the like, feel free to pm me. I'm so attached to my phone it will likely be only a few minutes at most until I can respond. Unless I'm driving or on a plane somewhere ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock