??? Anybody have a better link so I can restore this POS

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: ??? Anybody have a better link so I can restore this POS

Post by eclark5483 »

Better yet, here is a video.

https://youtu.be/YMDDLfmVxo0
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

So I had some awesome luck today. The DMV had told me if I wanted to get a title for the Spree, I would have to either A. get a hold of the owner on the title and have them get a new title to issue to me, or B. I would have to file for a bond on it with my insurance company and yadda, yadda, yadda which can take... eek 3 years!!!

So I looked at the old registration for the name and address of the previous owner and did a search for them on whitepages.com I found a phone number which listed the same address and called it. Talked to an older lady who was the wife of the titled owner. Told her my situation and she agreed to help me out and go down and get me a new title and will be mailing it out to me.

At first she was a bit confused when I told her it was for a Spree that they had owned about 15 years ago... she was like "WE HAVE NEVER OWNED A SPREE", and I was like... "IT'S A LITTLE HONDA SCOOTER".... And she was like "OH THAT... MY LORD, WE HAVEN'T OWNED THAT IN YEARS". She had told me that when they sold it, it was in almost like new condition. So evidently from 2001 till 2016, somewhere in there, that little Spree got the he_ll beat out of it. Seems that it has been passed around through a couple different people then finally tossed into a barn where it sat all these years all broken down.

Had a really good conversation with her about it, told her that I bought it at a farm auction, about how I have it running again, and about how I am using it as a training scooter for my kids with Autism.

Speaking of which, my daughter had her VERY FIRST drive on it today. We have been practicing on it by first pushing it and having her work the brakes, then I roped it up to my bicycle and let her practice that way, and then today, after school, she made her very first full fledged run on it with the engine going.

The video of this can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCg_MhfuGU
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Dude that is awesome! looks like your daughter is handlin' that hog just fine ;)

Couldnt help but notice that your road looks like it's concrete? That must be hella nice to ride/drive on. The best we get over here is average, stony patched and then repatched asphalt

Keep up the good work, nice looking machine you got there ;)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

She is doing SOO well on it. We practice every chance she gets. She wants to get real good at it because she knows once she gets that REAL permit and not the learners permit, she is getting this one to ride instead. And I get to put the Spree in the garage and start my rebuild/restore of it. All ready have a nice BBK I'm looking at for it.
Attachments
scoot.jpg
scoot.jpg (134.15 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
20160425_123158.jpg
20160425_123158.jpg (95.05 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
plates.jpg
plates.jpg (110.33 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

You're a good Dad.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH