Speaker Project

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Speaker Project

Post by mr pibbs »

I have decided to dive into a new speaker project for the ole scoot. I was first inspired by these:
Motorcycle Mirror Speakers

They look seamless - except the tweeters that you throw on top of the mirrors - and I really like the idea. But there are two problems:

1. way too much money for a project such as this (for my purposes, to each his or her own)
2. even a 2x15W Class D amplifier might still be too much for the battery/stator and i am not looking to bust out the trickle charger every night.

So that let me here. I was thinking the best way to make this happen would be to use battery powered PC speakers and mount them somehow in the mirrors or even in the 'dash'. Finding battery powered speakers was a whole lot harder than i anticipated. 15 years ago i felt like all computers came with speakers that were had a battery option. I have had little success finding what i was looking for. then i stubbled upon this:

info here and video here

What was attractive about these was the rechargeable lithium battery - so i don't have to keep buying AAs all the time. I did some hardcore googleing and found it for $10 (opposed to the some $20 shipped) on ebay here. 4w output might be a little low, but it's only $10, can't complain.

My next step is identifying some mirror that would be appropriate for some speakers. What is the thread for the mirror? I need 8mm threads right? Cheap is good - who knows if this will work! Thanks for reading.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Re: Speaker Project

Post by toboggan »

I actually really really like that set, it's nice and practical, and i'm really consdiering buying this item, haha