My chinese encounter.....

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

My chinese encounter.....

Post by novs86 »

So... Iwas trying different roller weights in my Aero 50 today, when a brand new chinese 50cc scoot pulled up next to me at a stop sign. The guy around the block from me just bought it so he says a week ago. My scoot... with no body panels at all on it ,with rusty rims and dirty was just sitting there. He quickly made fun of it and said "where did you get that piece of sh*t?" with a huge grin on his face! I said "its my summer project scoot". Again another slam from him... "summer is almost over are you just getting started?" We small talked for a few minutes .He then left me at the stop sign and got on the main road which is a 35MPH zone. He was at full throttle doing I say 31 or 32 MPH. I too got on that road and I got mine up to speed behind him from about a 1/8 of a mile back. All the way with the wind behind me up to 44MPH and flew right past him. I could see the astonishment in his eyes as I passed him !!! :shock:

BOY... did it feel great to shut him up!!!! :lol:

Long Live Honda!!!!!!
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Wheelman-111

Re: My chinese encounter.....

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Great story! Thanks for sharing. The Chinese scooters with flashy plastic look great for about a week. Once all the mounting tabs break off their plastic from the first dismantling, they begin to lose their luster. Honda engineering isn't perfect, but it does tend to hold up pretty well. A healthy Aero at 44 sounds good to me. Hope he's allergic to 2-Stroke.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Thanks to you wheelman for your knowledge and the engine hanger it rides great now. Waiting still for payday to buy more from you!!!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I had an encounter with a squid on a Ruckus. His pipe heralded his arrival behind me from a quarter-mile away.

He pulled up, eyeballed my stripped-for-tuning Elite and didn't say anything as we waited for the light to change.

Now I don't have any kind of chip on my shoulder with a bone-stock engine, further burdened by Limp's Ruima 9:1 gears. It has a better top speed but it really does suffer in the 0-5MPH transition off the clutch.

When the light turned green, his wrist went through a 90-degree twist to full throttle with accompanying cacaphony of suffering 4-stroke, belying very little momentum. I had throttled up and despite the gearing disadvantage immediately pulled a couple of car lengths ahead. As I reached the speed limit of 35, I began to back off, settling on an indicated 45MPH and expected the Ruck to blaze on by.

It never happened! Evidently having done nothing to address the 42MPH electronic restriction, he grew smaller and smaller in my mirrors until I had to turn off. Never saw him again. 2-Strokes, even stock ones, rule.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

Ha. These, albeit ego-soaked, stories are hillarious to read. It's been fun for me to be about 1-2 mph faster than my buddies 97 Elite. It's good to know that eventually I will inch by him in the long slow scooter race that is "the straighta-way".
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Other night I pull up behind some guy on an unknown make/model, I go : where's your helmet? in a tone meant to belie that I cared about him as a human. We talk a bit, light changes, he pulls off. Next light he goes: is that a 50? I go yeah, light changes, he pulls off. Next light he goes: how fast does it go? I go: that was it. He's like, no how fast? I go, that was it, you saw me back there...oh, @ 36. I said bye and turned towards my destination.
Sorta the opposite story, but I suspect I was going against a 150cc.
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Me and a friend were heading home on the "highway" (it's 55mph). We were cruising along at 45 just enjoying the sunset, when a car starts creeping up from behind us.
My friend was about 5 car lengths behind, and when he pulled over and the car moved up, I just gunned it for about 1/3-1/2 mile. When I looked back, the car was easily 25+ lengths back :P No clue on speed because the speedo just buries to E on the gas gauge ;)
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

one of my friends has a GMI 104, your standard, run of the mill gy6 clone. with some tuning, he has now achived a higher top speed, but my spree still springs off the line (ok, i push up to about 5mph, where the engine takes over) and leaves him blocks behind. from a dead stop, it takes a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile for him to creep past me. satisfying every time :mrgreen:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Clivester
Elite
Elite

Post by Clivester »

Personally, I try to be friendly to anyone rider a 2-wheeled motor. Otherwise, you are not much better than a Hog rider who turns his/her nose up at a Spree.
Lambretta TV-175 (wish I'd never sold it!)
2005 Vento Phantom R4i 125cc (stolen)
1986 Yamaha XC180 Riva
1985 Honda CH150D Elite
1988 Honda SA50 LX Elite
1989 Honda SB50
2007 iScooter 150cc
2006 Roketa 150cc
2006 TNG Venice 50cc
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

I have an old friend who used to own a moped shop riding his monster that was at a stop light. A Camaro was side by side with him at the stop light as well looking at my friend like he was a retard for putting so much effort into making a moped "look" fast. Since my friend was still trying to dial the bike in he was playing with the throttle a lot trying to listen for clues. The driver of the Camaro took it like my friend was acting up so when the light turned green they both took off. My friend on the moped took off with a wheelie and got ahead by at least 5 car lengths before the next stop light. Where I managed to eventually "catch up" to the both of them in a borrowed bike.

The driver of the Camaro said something like "you actually burned NOS to beat me? What a *!" My friend said "you see any NOS on this?" (no body panels on his heavily modded 87 DIO) So my friend asked "want to try again, want me to give you a head start?" (he actually started to push his moped back to give him a few car lengths) The driver of the Camaro didn't want to go so he drove off normally. We both had a good laugh back at his shop.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
slosquirrel
Spree
Spree

Post by slosquirrel »

Clivester wrote:Personally, I try to be friendly to anyone rider a 2-wheeled motor. Otherwise, you are not much better than a Hog rider who turns his/her nose up at a Spree.
Whats the difference between a vaccum cleaner and a harley???

The location of the DIRT BAG!

Im with you Clive... I have a heart for anyone that rides a motorized two wheeled vehicle of any kind.

As far as Hardley... I mean Harley riders go, there are some great ones out there (Wheelman, my cousin, etc...) but its the bad ones that make me mad... Whenever they try to act to cool I usually just pull a wheelie past them on the supermoto (not a "get on the gas" wheelie, but a well orchestrated and highly controlled balance). Then when we get stuck at a light with eachother I politely ask them to try and do the same. I've even done it on my 99 Elite before in Downtown... Love IT!

Similar to something like this...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=48784663
2003---Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2001---Yamaha WR 426 Supermoto (CA legal)
2002---Yamaha Vino
1999---Honda Elite S
1996---Honda Elite SR (Only 4.7 Orig. Miles)
1989---Honda Elite E (FOR SALE)
1987---Honda Elite SE
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

gone
Last edited by novs86 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

novs86 wrote:Wow.... Where did my thread go? Its very easy to tell maturity level on this forum.
the thread really didn't go too far off topic, i just read thru the whole thing and don't really see where the maturity level is any different from any other forum i've ever read. not that the topic was particularly serious anyway...

i belive it was dac who quoted "it's not what you ride, it's that you ride. :D

where did you expect the thread to go??? pats on the back for regailing us with your wonderous story of triumph over shiny chinese crap??? we all think honda scoots are superior, or we'd all ride gy6 clones.
this isn't "cheapchinesescooters.net" after all. :twisted:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

Clivester wrote:Personally, I try to be friendly to anyone rider a 2-wheeled motor. Otherwise, you are not much better than a Hog rider who turns his/her nose up at a Spree.
we got alot of harley riders here that scoff at moped/scooter riders...i still wave every time i pass by them :P
Spreetard wrote:where did you expect the thread to go??? pats on the back for regailing us with your wonderous story of triumph over shiny chinese crap??? we all think honda scoots are superior, or we'd all ride gy6 clones.
ZING!!
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Spreetard wrote:
novs86 wrote:Wow.... Where did my thread go? Its very easy to tell maturity level on this forum.
the thread really didn't go too far off topic, i just read thru the whole thing and don't really see where the maturity level is any different from any other forum i've ever read. not that the topic was particularly serious anyway...

i belive it was dac who quoted "it's not what you ride, it's that you ride. :D

where did you expect the thread to go??? pats on the back for regailing us with your wonderous story of triumph over shiny chinese crap??? we all think honda scoots are superior, or we'd all ride gy6 clones.
Your right! :oops: Thanks for showing me the light spreetard :cry:
Last edited by novs86 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.