FINALLY FINISHED!! PICS INSIDE!! General Spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

hey yea u can. just put them under ur bodypanals. thats what id do im getting one the goes lalalalalala lalalalalala lalalalalalalal lalalalalala lalalalalal lalalalalalalalal olay, la cucaracha haha but for serious i want them doubt ill ge them tho
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Justinsane wrote:actually, never mind that.. i found a pic and i definitly wont have room for those bad boys...
What about under the floorpan, or under the sidepanels and above the rear wheel?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

well, im wondering if i can shave part of the horn off, so its just tubes instead of the outword curv of the horn.

i dont think all these will fit... but i will definitly be willing to try if i can get some positive reinforcement and suggestions..[/list]
General Spree
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

He managed... I'm still thinking under the floor. They also make speaker-driven versions of these (should be smaller), although this would be louder.

Admin, Hondaspree.net

Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

i just got an idea., what i think im gonna try is mounting 5 of the horns like this.
id paint them black to go with the asthetic of the General.. but im not sure where id put that module thing?? maybe... i could take out the stock horn, and put it in there?? there might be enough room...
General Spree
tellmem3
Noob
Noob

Post by tellmem3 »

your right justinsane,

That kicks soooo much *! I was way off thinking you might have put a NOS tank on it. I did dream that however.

I once has a jvc "pullout" car stereo mounted on the rear rack complete with a power antenna and the speaker was under the seat, but since the scooter sat for 15 years outside it rusted to noda. bump bump... Could you make or weld a "small but civilized" box to the rear rack to hold the unit ??

Chris
Last edited by tellmem3 on Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
My other toy is an E30 M3 cause sometimes old school is better
tellmem3
Noob
Noob

Post by tellmem3 »

Justinsane wrote:well, im wondering if i can shave part of the horn off, so its just tubes instead of the outword curv of the horn.

i dont think all these will fit... but i will definitly be willing to try if i can get some positive reinforcement and suggestions..[/list]
if you do that your horns will sound like the banshee off that darkness movie.
tellmem3
Noob
Noob

Post by tellmem3 »

noiseguy wrote:He managed... I'm still thinking under the floor. They also make speaker-driven versions of these (should be smaller), although this would be louder.

Ah nonthing like getting behind a hummer and letting them know your bigger..... Cheers to that
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

i would like to mount a cd player and box on the back, but im too afraid of theft, so im just gonna listen to my ipod while riding..
General Spree
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

OK, so mount 2 on each side of the legscreens, painted black and facing downward, and one underneath, facing rearward (dust intrusion). Might be able to use the blinker studs for this. These have PVC tubes running to them from the compressor. You can hide the tubes to the front through the front horn cover and route them under the floorpan along the frame. Attach the horn underneath the frame and plug the hoses into it. The PCV hoses are generic hardware-store stuff, so it's available. You'd need to run a jumper from the front horn to an automotive relay, and probably run a dedicated fused jumper from the Spree battery through the relay to the horn compressor. Thus having the compressor in the back, close to the battery, is ideal anyway.

Not sure of your electrical background, let me know if this makes sense in terms of the relay; it would allow you to use the stock horn swich, and easily reverse the mod. You could mock it up using tape to see how it'll look visually up front.

I have a $10 set of airhorns that I was going to install on a car... might go better on my Spree. I was thinking about installing this on the inside of the legshields. Would be louder out front.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

-aL-
Elite
Elite

neons

Post by -aL- »

do u wanna tell me what you bought on that neon website and how you hooked it up to the moped.. im really interested thnx
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

Y is everyone makeing it a big deal about hookin up neon. it is not that hard at all. basic stuff
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

i just would like to know what wires to hook it up to
deathwish
Spree
Spree

Post by deathwish »

i would hook it straight to the bat and make a switch under the seat
Justinsane