I just bought this. Hi. -Update. Spree is home

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

TWHansen
Noob
Noob

I just bought this. Hi. -Update. Spree is home

Post by TWHansen »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AIT&rd=1

'86 Honda Spree. $405. Probably overpaid but I haven't found anything cheaper all summer. Will most likely need some help with the electrical stuff; also, if any of you have a decent all-black seat I'll trade the red/black one for it (it does nothing for me)

-Tim Hansen
Milwaukee, WI

UPDATE-

Went and got the Spree today. Very glad to see that it fits perfectly in the back of my Toyota Camry station wagon with the hatch closed.

It started and ran very well but for the life of me I cannot figure out how he started it with a screwdriver. It looks like most of the ignition is just missing in there. I need an ignition and keyset for it anyway so it doesn't really matter but I wanted to ride it tonight!

Anyhow, I do need a couple little things, the ignition and key (with seat lock) and the kickstart lever. The nub for the kickstart is still there and looks fine.

Anybody got parts?
Last edited by TWHansen on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

dang that might go good sprayed orange and on the general....
General Spree
Ozzimo
Goped
Goped

Post by Ozzimo »

price wise you did fine. As long as its in good shape 400 is very resonable. esspecially in a time when gas is 3+ dollars.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

how many miles were on it. did it run right when you got it.
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
TWHansen
Noob
Noob

Post by TWHansen »

it's got a little over 3,000 miles on it. A little high but the thing is d*** near pristine. From the look of it it's never even fallen over let alone been laid down. None of the road rash a lot of these have. The guy who sold it to me didn't ride it a whole lot; he bought it from a foreign exchange student who rode it while doing some kind of ecology study in the Dells. The title is still in the name of an owner prior to that, same guy owned it from '88 until ?, plate expired in '96.

It starts easy and runs real good, although I wish I rode it before I left because I can't figure out how to start it with a screwdriver like the guy did. An ignition keyset is the first order of business? Anybody got one? I also need the kickstart lever; mine's missing.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

3000 miles isn't high
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
TWHansen
Noob
Noob

I have ridden my Spree!

Post by TWHansen »

Friend of mine stopped by and turned it on with his Leatherman. I am a little concerned at the ease with which he did this, but he's from Indiana so hot-wiring stuff is apparently second-nature to him.

This thing is a riot. I can't wait until my new keyset and kickstart lever arrive. A guy off the board here is getting me a brand new ignition and keyset for $35 shipped. Awesome.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Scooters are really easy to hotwire and steal. You need to lock it up just like a bicycle. A giant (visible) U-lock on the front wheel will do the trick.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products