Noiseguy....

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Noiseguy....

Post by novs86 »

Are you aware of this sight? Looks like a ripoff to me!

The scooter guide is cool but the addition of the forum is lame. The extra info on other scoot types/brands could have easily been added here, rather than creating a mirror copy with different color's.

http://motorscooterguide.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
Last edited by novs86 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Re: Noiseguy....

Post by Accolay »

That was the first site I found when I was looking for information about my (nonworking) SE50P. I would say it's not a ripoff. I
The guy who runs the site is a nice guy too.

That forum is for all different types of scoots. You should check out the main site for its reviews.
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

yea the guy that runs those sites it also a member here on this forum

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/page1/ ... age40.html
thats actually my sb50 he used on his site for reference

dude seems cool enuff and his site dosent seem like a carbon copy of this site...just similar
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Yup not a ripoff at all, his review sites are top notch and very resourceful. I got links to them in my website too. Forum is just a bonus
projects galore :nerd:
jesse8931
Spree
Spree

Post by jesse8931 »

most forums use http://www.phpbb.com/ for a base thats why the look similar
HondaSE50
Spree
Spree

Post by HondaSE50 »

SpyderMike wrote: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/page1/ ... age40.html
thats actually my sb50 he used on his site for reference
he used my picture of my sa50 for this site ...

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/page1/ ... age51.html

The first one ...
- Honda Elite 1988
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Very good site. Dan does his research but he is in Canada so some of the info relating to the American market is not always 100% but usually at least 95% accurate. You can always just shoot him an e-mail then he will verify & change the site specs. Very good guy and site. I have comunicated with him about several scooters and with many questions (he has a lot of experience with the NH80 and the NPS50).
novs86 wrote:The extra info on other scoot types/brands could have easily been added here, rather than creating a mirror copy with different color's.
Where would we add it here? This Forum is hondaspree.net so that might deter scooter enthusiasts of other makes from checking it out.
Just my two cents...
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

My bad , jumped to conclusions.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

Hey guys....I'm awfully late to this thread. I'm the guy behind MotorscooterGuide.net

Mainly I just wanted to say that if I've used anyone's pictures on the site without permission than please contact me and I'll take it off or credit you on the picture if you want. When I first created the site I used Google Images to get pictures. Once the site was up I set about replacing the pictures with ones I had permission to use. There may still be a few pictures on the site that I don't have permission to use because I sorta lost track of which ones I'd replaced and which ones I hadn't. Also, I'm always looking for better pictures so if you have some nice photos of a mostly stock scooter I'd love to add them. I can be contacted at dandurston@hotmail.com

Regarding the original post, the original idea behind the website was to have a complete index of all Japanese scooters. Back when I was getting into scooters I found that I kept bumping into models that I hadn't heard of before and being like 'what the heck is that scooter'? I was doing a ton of research anyways, so I figured I'd create a site to keep it all organized and to help others learn about scooters to. Now if you're in the market for a scooter you can browse all the pages and at least have a general idea of what's out there.

I'm always looking to add more info to the site. Specifically, I'd love to add a bunch of short owner reviews to the site. I've added a few so far (ie. Aero 125 page, Riva 125 page etc) and I think it would be great to have 1 or 2 for each scooter to give others a few other opinions on each scooter. Obviously I haven't ridden every scooter or even close to it, so adding info from actual owners would be sweet. If any of you guys want to submit a paragraph or 2 review of any scooter on the site I'd love to add it.

Regarding the forum on my site, the forum was an after thought that I added later so people could ask questions and get involved without filling up my email inbox. I'm not trying to outcompete other forums out there. HondaSpree.net is awesome. I link to it on several of my sites page. I love this site and I've learned tons here. Personally I think forums like this one that are focused on a specific scooter or a few specific models are always going to be better and more popular than general scooter forums like mine, because you can get really in depth.
Sweet site with info on Honda's and tons of other scooters: http://www.MotorScooterGuide.net
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

That site is legit, and the owner isn't too shabby either.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Dan is a good guy and if you look at the Spree section in the guide portion he links this form for the Spree and it says;

"HondaSpree.net - A great forum that will help you get your Spree going."

He also links to here for the Elite scooters.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

I've been familiar with Dan for about 6 years now, since my Ruckus days, over on Ruckus Central. He always has had good info, a few back bad luck days, but over-all a great guy.

Now I'm off to register on his site....
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

there is a dorment site called "scoot free or die" or www.nh-scooters.com i like the style of this site, i have know idea what it takes to take it over but someone should :bowrofl:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I'm late to this party, as usual...

This site (hondaspree.net) has a pretty specific intent / purpose. 50cc Honda Scooters. We show up top of list on organic searches for Honda Elite Forum and Honda Spree. We're on Page 1 for Honda Elite, even with Honda buying up all the eyeballs with SEO, which totally kicks butt. That's what it's about, for me.

Dan's site is broader-based. I've my own thoughts about broad-based boards, but that's another story.

As long as I'm not hosting someone else's materials (blind links), and they're not spamming the site with links, I'm cool with whatever.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products