How many helmets?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

How many helmets?

Post by eliteguy50 »

we have pics of helmets: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10492&start=0&hilit=helmet

we have do you wear a helmet: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12166&start=0

And now we have how many helmets do you have and what type of helmet do you prefer?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
workdog
Spree
Spree

Re: How many helmets?

Post by workdog »

I have 3 helmets, one for the scoot, the Ruesch, and one for drag racing.
Full faced off-road style is my favorite.
83 Honda Aero 80
Honda Aero80 and Aero50 parts for sale cheap.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=15095
My Aero50 engine swap:
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 16&t=13021
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Post by bigluelok »

i only have one its a hjc full face
CH80
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

too many!
mostly Arai
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
Shelton
Spree
Spree

Post by Shelton »

i think this is a pretty cool helmet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 3DWatching
1984 Spree , 1985 Spree , 1986 Spree , 1987 Spree , 1987 Spree
1985 Spree , 1986 Spree , 1986 Spree , 1987 Spree

Trae Shelton
Georgia

http://www.jbarsbuckingbullco.com
Bandit240
Spree
Spree

Post by Bandit240 »

Ive got 3 right now. 2 full faces and a 3/4 helmet. I wore the 3/4 helmet for years on the Elite, but got tired of eating bugs and the helmet was 10 years old. Bought a use full face of CL for $20(dont do that, bad idea) and used it until it fell off the bike and broke the shield. Used that as an excuse to get a new helmet. Got a nice Sparx full face now. Its nice to put on a brand new helmet knowing that only your head has been in there.
1986 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe
1991 Yamaha XT600
1993 Honda Elite 80
2001 Honda Elite 50
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

eliteguy5 axt:

how many helmets do you have and what type of helmet do you prefer?

Ever wonder how those 'Alien'-styled bicycle helmets protect the peddlers? I mean, the way they wear 'em, a collision would require a direct topside hit to the noggin in order for those thangs to offer much protection. :surprise:

:b2t:

Last count, I own three head-buckets - a full face, a smallish classic style for the wife, and my personal fave - a black half-helmet with offishal Bejing Ebay Visor.
I realize that the full-on, chin-saving bug-head unit would likely serve me better in a frontal ASSault with an SUV's derrierre. But dammit - every time I put it on I feel as though I'm in a head-lock with a 400 pound Sumi wrestler. :sad: Just too durn claustrophobic.

So I'll happily scooter along wearing my more liberating noggin shell with babe-magnet flip up acrylic shield. :coolcruise:

YMMV
IMO
Chex-indaMail :crazy:

Capt Dan>
Atis
BMX
BMX

Post by Atis »

Two AFX helmets (kind of);

AFX FX-48 (Skutour): 3/4 face, nice helmet, a little noisy but very comfortable.
AFX FX-28: Full face flip-up, it's been recalled! I'm waiting for AFX to send my replacement.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

CaptDan wrote:I realize that the full-on, chin-saving bug-head unit would likely serve me better in a frontal ASSault with an SUV's derrierre. But dammit - every time I put it on I feel as though I'm in a head-lock with a 400 pound Sumi wrestler. Just too durn claustrophobic.
One of my old girl friends had that problem so I bought a modular helmet and she really liked that a lot. A little heavier though.
Atis wrote:AFX FX-28: Full face flip-up, it's been recalled! I'm waiting for AFX to send my replacement.
How do you know if your helmet is recalled? I have never actually sent in a registration card for a helmet so... is there a website or something?
Atis
BMX
BMX

Post by Atis »

I stumbled onto it while Googling my model for accessories. It was recalled for failing a pentration test. I called AFX they seem to question the validity of the test but chose to initiate a voluntary recall. They seem very helful, in fact they say I'll get a free shaded visor as a good will gesture. I'll follow up on how it goes. As far as checking far a recall I have since learned of the NHTSA web site that lets you search the recall database, the link is.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/
Click on SAFETY RECALLS.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

mookie wrote:too many!
mostly Arai
I was curious how many of us there were. I also have too many (probably around 20 right now) but I've only had one Arai. I thought it was overpriced and didn't fit my head shape so I have stayed away. I have mostly bell, ZR1 and HJC. I can't pic an overall favorite but:
full face for winter and high performance bikes (catches the least air)
used to love 3/4 but not as much anymore
a half helmet is my favorite when riding the Gyro S.
and zero helmet feels best on the elite E
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

i have a simpson racing helmet, red w/ black scallops, that is totall overkill. it has hans device hookups and everything, got it from marlboro racing school. i also rock the brain bucket from time to time and old buco police helmet painted black.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Helmets Save Lives!!!
Last edited by TURN1 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

My current helmet is a ArthurFulmar full face polycarb helmet in white.

I have always worn a fullface helmet including bell star, Simpson darth vader and shoei. This helmet is the newest and passes the highest rated standards of all previous buckets. It is also the lightest that I have owned. Yes their are better helmets than my most recent but I have not owned one.

If you get a full face helmet get it in white and pick the lightest that you can afford. Get a tinted faceshield.

I am just a street rider and don't road race or drag race any more. I wear the same helmet off road, I refuse to use a dirt helmet, it just isn't me.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
frogpirate
Noob
Noob

Post by frogpirate »

I have 3 right now, plus my wifes's. My Shoei RF800 is 'retired' but I cannot make myself toss it. My RF1000 is my trip helmet, and has a J&M headset in it, that I usually have the mic out off unless my wife is on the bike with me. I also have a HJC 'commuter' that doesn't fit very well; I think I'm going to replace it. My wife's helmet is a HJC as well, I bought it new for her in '04 when I bought a new V-Strom; it also has a J&M headset in it. All 4 are full face. I tried a HJC flip (modular) and liked it _except_ for the fit. It itched like crazy after 12-14 hours on the bike, and by 20 was torture. I just don't think HJC's in general fit my head very well.

Ken