Moving to TX?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Moving to TX?

Post by Lunytune »

Novs, you will find that Texas will grow on you, including those cows and horses and grass. And there's nothing to describe a Texas sky. Oh BTW, if you think that was a long drive, go ahead and stretch to the tip in El Paso. It will be another full day. It takes longer to get from Texarkana to El Paso than from Chicago to Texarkana.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Lunytune wrote:Novs, you will find that Texas will grow on you, including those cows and horses and grass. And there's nothing to describe a Texas sky. Oh BTW, if you think that was a long drive, go ahead and stretch to the tip in El Paso. It will be another full day. It takes longer to get from Texarkana to El Paso than from Chicago to Texarkana.
Driving to the gulf this summer to check that out.

West Texas next year.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

novs86 wrote:
Lunytune wrote:Novs, you will find that Texas will grow on you, including those cows and horses and grass. And there's nothing to describe a Texas sky. Oh BTW, if you think that was a long drive, go ahead and stretch to the tip in El Paso. It will be another full day. It takes longer to get from Texarkana to El Paso than from Chicago to Texarkana.

West Texas next year.
Novs, big mistake going to the coast. It's like an oven down there, 100 degree temp with 100 percent humidity.
West Texas is another story. Humidity is about 10%.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Lunytune wrote:
novs86 wrote:

West Texas next year.
Novs, big mistake going to the coast. It's like an oven down there, 100 degree temp with 100 percent humidity.
West Texas is another story. Humidity is about 10%.
Kids want to see the ocean.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

novs86 wrote:Kids want to see the ocean.
Most understandable. We went to Padre Island several years ago. We had a ball. But we didn't use enough suntan lotion. We didn't realize salt water washes the lotion off quicker than fresh water. So coat up good. You'll have fun. We've since been to Pensacola and Myrtle Beach, but I don't swim anymore. Too many apparatuses. Hearing aids, glasses, etc.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Learning quickly how Texas gets around state income tax.

The 8.25% sales tax (6% in Michigan)

toll tags for toll roads (no toll roads at all in Michigan)

I guess these are the trade offs to paying state income taxes.

Hey... I guess itÔÇÖs up to you on what roads you travel. You don't have to take a toll road do you?
They just tend to be the roads most easily traveled for me so far.

I guess ultimately Id rather not pay each paycheck for something I can choose to pay for and when I want to pay for it.

I still choose Texas! :smile:
Gerris
Noob
Noob

Post by Gerris »

novs86 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:25 am
veedubh20 wrote:Highest unemployment rates were recorded in Michigan, at 14.7 percent, followed by Rhode Island, at 12.7 percent, and California, South Carolina, and Nevada, at 12.3 percent.

Image Image

here is the graph, There are many people are moving to hawaii. Unemployment will go down very little.
Thanks for the comparison but itÔÇÖs not a fair one. There are only 1.8 million people who live in all of Hawaii.

Thats 1 million less than the city of Chicago!

With 10% less visitors from 2008 to 2009 alone, you may not have seen the effects yet.

1/3 of Hawaii's job market is based on tourism from the mainland. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize if the intercontinental USA has issues, before to long they will affect Hawaii! I do realize as well that other people from other countries visit Hawaii as well but most visitors are from the USA.

Texas is a great state! Moved there 3 years ago)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Gerris:
Texas is a great state! (Moved there 3 years ago)
Only 7 years after the last post on the topic?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH