How to obtain Title or Bill of Sale??

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Justinsane
Spree
Spree

How to obtain Title or Bill of Sale??

Post by Justinsane »

hey all.. everyone knows im sellin the spree.. so. , i dont have ANY paperwork because i found the spree abandoned..
and im selling it... and live in wisconsin.

so what do i need to get in order for the buyer to drive it legally?
how do i go about obtaining the paperwork?
General Spree
eager_beaver
Goped
Goped

Post by eager_beaver »

i think u can go to ur dmv and get a title just make sure the spree wasnt stolen or not paid off because they can take it away.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

If you stated No Title in your Ebay discription then its the buyers problem to get a title not yours. Like I stated in a previous post Wisconsin DMV is a pain in the *. The buyer should know what he is getting into before he bids. I think you can go under Wis DMV on the web and download a printable bill of sale. That might help him but I doubt it.
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

so even with a bill of sale, what does that do... just makes me liable for anything that is wrong title wise with the scooter

is there any guarentee that a person could just stroll into the dmv and request a title application and get a title printed out?
General Spree
tonrogs
Goped
Goped

Post by tonrogs »

If it was previously titled in WI that helps. You have to call the "special situation" # and give the VIN #. They will check previous records to see if there is a lien or if it was reported stolen and such. If you have a bill of sale from the previous owner on file you could prolly get a title. Other then that, it will prolly be pretty hard to get. I just asked the DMV about this about a week ago when I titled my Elite.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i dont see y it is so d*** hard to get these thing titled. in mich u dont have to have a title it is so cool ha ha
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

States differ on how hard it is to get a title. Try selling a MI Spree to someone from Ohio. They don't issue titles here on Spree; they do in Ohio.

Bill of Sale just allows the seller to prove legally who he bought it from. You are only liable for it not being stolen property. Given the circumstances of the find and the age of the scoot, questionable but unlikely. Let the buyer deal with it, the "no title" just needs to be in the listing.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Justinsane
Spree
Spree

Post by Justinsane »

what if i said i bought the spree from someone in mich... who didnt get issued a title?
General Spree
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i believe u still need a title.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Let this be a final lesson to all Wisconsin Spree or any other scooter or Motorcycle buyer in Wisconsin. If it doesn't have a title it is basically just a parts bike here in the frozen tundra. It might run perfect but without a title you will not be driving it on the streets. At least not legally.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Justinsane wrote:what if i said i bought the spree from someone in mich... who didnt get issued a title?
There's nothing to stop you from doing that, except you'd probably need that bill of sale from someone in MI. You'd also want to make sure that it doesn't show up as stolen in your state's police system.

There are some states that don't title older vehicles, which makes transferring titles out of state more interesting. Check www.broadwaytitle.com for info on this.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products