I think I owe this to most of you guys...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

I think I owe this to most of you guys...

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Well. Where to start? I joined this site in 2007 looking for info on how to get my Spree going. Funny huh? I had good knowledge of motors, but had never worked on a moped before.

Since joining this web site 3 years ago, I've learned MOST of what I know about fixing/upgrading these things here, I've made thousands of dollars selling parts, and had a great time chatting with people here. Not to mention I've spent equal in parts here myself I'm sure.

To save anyone from asking, no I'm not leaving the site. I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I'll program my computer for voice recognition and speech when I'm a real old fart just to be here. In other words, someone would have to kill me for me to leave here. I actually check this site and read all the new posts before I go anywhere else... lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out over the last couple years. 75% of my brains came from here.

Now that I got that out of my system, I can go back to dreaming of being a Mod... lol :nervous: :mrgreen: :lol:
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Re: I think I owe this to most of you guys...

Post by wikked_spree57 »

And, I donated a couple bucks to the site. I feel it's only fair for all I've gotten here.
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Wikked:
Anyways, I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out over the last couple years. 75% of my brains came from here.
:shock:
I know just how you feel. We should get out more. :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

i second that, not only have i learned alot from this site,but im still learning all the time.!!
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Right. Me too. Wheelman you unfolded fast! You've only been here a little over a year and you're already a Mod! lol I have to say you're doing good.
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

of all the other sites i'm members of (some containing posts of over 13,000 on single accounts), this one is always one of the most interesting to read through.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

This is my Fav too :love:

As for being a Mod keep dreamin :bowrofl:
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

I too have learned a lot. I joined after my wife bought a Elite E, I knew nothing about it except that it would only go 30 mph. Since we live in the country it makes a trip to town just a little too interesting. Now the scooter will go 62 mph with her on it (but only about 57 with me riding it).

I have learned that small scooters don't have to be just tiddlers at the mercy of every other vehicle on the road. I am ready for one for me now. I would really like the bike that burnt toast is selling but am too far away to make it practical to pick it up. Something will come up.

I would still be ignorant about what to do without having members here who got me interested in getting a project going.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

as for me... i have been told "i simply can't be taught." i guess that's why i'm known as "can't get right"

Hahaha!

Yep, hands-down this is the best forum for friendly people that are willing to help others out, give advice, and share thoughts and experience. Good stuffs indeed. :coolcruise:

Later, jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

This forum can't teach me but i given you guys great info :coolcruise:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
ae86guy
Elite
Elite

Post by ae86guy »

i would have been stuffed if it wasnt for this site no one in my town wants to know about nifty fiftys (spree) MAD PROPS to tazland for refering me to this site and his bbk and BIG UPS to everyone else here long live the scooters my wife now calls me a scooter geek
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

I gotta join in on the forum love here!

When i joined this site i didnt know * rings where or how to install them. Now i work at the best moped performance shop in Midwest America (if not all America). I will happily say that it is all because of the start i got at this site 3 years ago. You guys helped me change my first set of rings, install my first bore kit, seize my first engine and fix my f*** ups.

I might be moped army now, and everybody knows that Moped Army people dont mix so well with scooters... but forgot those guys, you guys are the reason i am where i am today. You guys are the reason i am who i am today.

HondaSpree.Net, Thank you for everything...
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Anytime that I am not gaining... I am losing.
maddog wrote:This forum can't teach me but i given you guys great info :coolcruise:
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

maddog wrote:This forum can't teach me but i given you guys great info :coolcruise:
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall... :crazy:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes