what do you all think?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

what do you all think?

Post by fightingplankton »

http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/1608916515.html

good deal?
its pretty close to me, its cheap, looks like a fun project, but...i dont know.

all i know besides what's in the ad is that it is german(at least it's not chinese eh?)
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: what do you all think?

Post by bradthreee »

Check to see if there are amy part available for this moped. If anything ever goes wrong wit it and there are no parts available(or compatible),then basically you have a nice looking pile of scrap metal :smile:
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

if i do believe treats has a ton of parts for that moped. shave the seat mount down so you can mount the seat lower, and put some drag bars on it, and it would be a pretty swell looking bike...
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Being a Sachs, there is parts everywhere. rebuild kits are cheap, but the real problem is, its a Sachs.

Its a good bike, dont get me wrong, but it will never be fast. Your looking at like 27mph stock, and not much more then that. Even fully built (kit, carb, homemade intake, modified performance exhaust) your looking at like... 40mph.

If your just looking for a fun little bike to blast around town then by all means buy it. Just dont think your ever gonna be racing it.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.