Aero 50 Owners

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Aero 50 Owners

Post by novs86 »

After 3 messages I finally received a response.

Now available to the USA! :smile:
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

novs86 wrote:After 3 messages I finally received a response.

did we find out if this will go over the us tails, and how much cost would be with shipping?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

Just bought one - I think it was $38.76 w/shipping. Not bad! Thank you Novs for posting this!
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

boojadean wrote:Just bought one - I think it was $38.76 w/shipping. Not bad! Thank you Novs for posting this!
Do you know what the break down was between the tail and the shipping? That would help us determine a rough price if we ordered several shipped together.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

eliteguy50 wrote:
boojadean wrote:Just bought one - I think it was $38.76 w/shipping. Not bad! Thank you Novs for posting this!
Do you know what the break down was between the tail and the shipping? That would help us determine a rough price if we ordered several shipped together.
It worked out to $25.73 for the light and $13.03 for shipping.
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

turtle13 wrote:

did we find out if this will go over the us tails, and how much cost would be with shipping?
Seller didn't know if it would fit or not over the US tail.

boojadean is the guinea pig on this one .

Show us some picks when you get it.
edgargonz
BMX
BMX

Post by edgargonz »

I'm in if you guys succeed in getting a hold of any. :geekdance:
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

novs86 wrote:
turtle13 wrote:

Seller didn't know if it would fit or not over the US tail.

boojadean is the guinea pig on this one .

Show us some picks when you get it.
It sure looks like the right one, though if those signal lenses are attached it would be different than the US version but may still work. Oh well, somebody has to go first!!
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

I was going to buy one on Monday when I replenished my pay-pal account and be the guinea pig but since you already bought one I can wait. :mrgreen:
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Pic of how it looks on a vision

The bottom vision is different than the top one. Our Aero plastics are the same as the bottom one . Still the million dollar question is ....Will it fit our combination light assembly?

boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

It shipped Monday. No tracking number, so who knows where it is or how long it will take to get here. I will give a report when I find out if it works!
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

novs86 wrote:Pic of how it looks on a vision

The bottom vision is different than the top one. Our Aero plastics are the same as the bottom one . Still the million dollar question is ....Will it fit our combination light assembly?
I was told by a HI member that the low cut tact/vision tails will fit my aero but the high cut panel tails will need modification to fit/mount it.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

i am thinking it will fit, but with some work.
compare the two pictures where the body panels stop under the turn signals.
the Vision turns stop right at the body panels, where as the Aero goes past it...
you may have to modify the reflectors a little to keep the turns from bleeding over into the brake light, but i think it may just work.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Yes i have that on my aero, got mine 20yrs. ago, the vision has a brake light, thats a great price :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

Got it in this morning! It DOES fit, however, it isn't quite perfect. The screw holes on the bottom line up just right but the top tabs are each set out about an inch or so from where the originals hooked in. Also, the curvature of the new lens seems to be just slightly less than the taillight fixture. I am thinking this is due to one of three things: 1. the lens was either molded just slightly off or in shipping the box had something heavy sitting on it or something causing the lens to warp. 2. the Vision is taillight fixture is curved just slightly different, which is possible since the tabs line up differently. 3. there is something holding the new lens out in the center, making it seem like it's curved differently when it's really not. Just below the slots on the taillight fixture there two little pieces of plastic that held the old tabs into the grooves. I think if I grind these off it will probably fit just perfect, or close. I won't know for sure until tonight when I can get the Dremel out and grind a little. Also, it looks like the new tabs are holding it out a little, so new slots will need to be ground in for those, but I don't think there's enough "meat" on the top edge to make them fit right. Either way, with a little grinding here and there and maybe drilling somewhere and adding a couple screws, it'll work like factory. Also, I think with a little ingenuity you could put your tail/brake light behind that lens, either as an extra or to get rid of the original and just have one. I have my scoot completely torn apart right now, so no pics at the moment.
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna