Aero 50 Owners

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: Aero 50 Owners

Post by turtle13 »

so do the turn signal reflectors line up with the lenses on the vision lens?
like when you hit the signal, will it light up part of the brake lens as well. if not i may place an order asap!
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
Bandit240
Spree
Spree

Post by Bandit240 »

Awesome, i love it when we can get stuff to work like this. I bought a whole taillight fixture from a guy in the UK for my Elite 150. Ours have the turn signals mounted on the body work and the Euro one has them made into the tail light with block off where the signals would have been.

Heres the euro version.

This is the stock US version.
Might be a better pic.
1986 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe
1991 Yamaha XT600
1993 Honda Elite 80
2001 Honda Elite 50
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

turtle13 wrote:so do the turn signal reflectors line up with the lenses on the vision lens?
like when you hit the signal, will it light up part of the brake lens as well. if not i may place an order asap!
I hooked mine up to a battery charger and yes, it does a little bit, though not very noticeable :imo: . If you wanted to really get creative you could probably glue in a piece of plastic or something to block the light from getting into the red part of the lens. I may try to get some pictures of it lit up tomorrow. I am now trying to find a way to attach the top of the lens to the main fixture, since the tabs don't align and there is not enough material on the fixture to cut slots for the tabs that are on the lens.
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

turtle13 wrote:so do the turn signal reflectors line up with the lenses on the vision lens?
So is someone organizing a group order thing?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

eliteguy50 wrote:
So is someone organizing a group order thing?
Yeah. I would spearhead the effort, but then they'd all be in Alaska and that's no good. Keep me in the loop though, I'm in.
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
boojadean
BMX
BMX

Post by boojadean »

Okay, got a few pics taken today.

Bolted to my fixture w/both signal lights lit (mine is broken on the bottom where the license plate bolts on - will remedy by bolting on a piece of plexiglass:

Picture with a yellow circle around the tab on the new lens. I took my Dremel and ground the tabs off, and it fit much nicer.

Just past the tip of the screwdriver is what's left of the little tab that held the tabs from the old cover into the slots. I just took a knife and cut them out so the new lens could sit properly in the slot.

I didn't take a picture of it, but I screwed the top down by putting two small screws into the slots for the old cover. she's on good and tight now and won't come off unless the screws come out.
'85 Honda Aero
'01 Honda Reflex
'84 Honda Magna
deckstar
BMX
BMX

Post by deckstar »

I have that same light installed on my vision, it must have been a European thing as i have seen a couple of visions with the same lights.
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

Yay, got mine today and installed it. basically, everything Boojadean said was right on. It's not a perfect OEM fit at all, but with a Dremel and 2 zipties instead of the 2 screws he talks about, it works pretty well. As you can see in Pic 1 I drilled out the center of an extra brake light I had then installed it by drilling a matching size hole in the housing. Pic 2 shows the necesary zip ties since the new piece has less of a curve to it and won't latch in on both sides without some help( Boojadean used screws for this). Pics 3 and 4 are the new overall cleaner lines of the * end. For $38, and since my black center piece was busted and glued anyway, I'm happy with the mod.
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Wow guys... i HAVE to have one!! That looks so freaking sweet. :2thumbs: Hopefully the seller has another one he will sell me.

Thanks for guinea pigging the mod. i cannot wait to get mine! :smile:

Is the Ebay link for the taillight still the same?

Thanks, jon :coolcruise:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

wow that looks so much better it is not even funny...
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

Thanx, I agree it's sweet lookin. One thing though, the brake lightbulb started to melt the new housing :surprise: So now I'm looking for an LED that will plug into the same 12v housing. Anyone know if they exist?
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Looks good! I just found a place to live so I have somewhere they can send it to now.

How about some pics of it with the brake light and signals working?
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
makadangdang
Noob
Noob

Post by makadangdang »

akskoot wrote:Thanx, I agree it's sweet lookin. One thing though, the brake lightbulb started to melt the new housing :surprise: So now I'm looking for an LED that will plug into the same 12v housing. Anyone know if they exist?

the led bulb does exist. i have one on my aero50, its a pretty common size bulb. i know for a fact that the sym dd50's come with them as a brake light too.
Johnny5
Spree
Spree

Post by Johnny5 »

Freakin' sweet! Way better than the black plastic crap. I'm sorry to see all that snow, it was 65 in Chicago today 8)
06' Genuine Rattler 50 -Minarelli clone- 70cc pre-mix 32:1, Prima pipe, vari, clutch/center springs
84' Aero 50 "Blue Demon" Vari, airbox/muffler mod, jetted
83' Aero 50 "Red Demon" Stock
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

wooo hooo!!! just got mine in the mail today! :ndance:
'62 125cc Honda cub