My new project/early b-day gift

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

My new project/early b-day gift

Post by wikked_spree57 »

So I woke up this morning to this locked to my Spree:

A C70 Passport! My girlfriend made a real lucky guess on this one... she stole it for $600. It needs nothing but a seat cover and 519 miles, yessss!

I looked at one of these before but they were way out of the price range.

any mods to give these things a bit more giddy up n go?
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: My new project/early b-day gift

Post by martynkim »

So Sweet! lucky you, awesome GF! She's a keeper!
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Post by bigluelok »

i think the china 125cc motors fit these.
CH80
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

wikked_spree57 wrote: A C70 Passport! My girlfriend made a real lucky guess on this one... she stole it for $600. It needs nothing but a seat cover and 519 miles, yessss!
Whoa! Happy Birthday Wikked, nice low mile new scoot to the family! Looks great!
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Thanks guys for the comments. I dare not tarnish it by installing a chinese engine, although its a direct fit. It's much more stable than that of a scooter and i like being able to wind it up and shift gears. I was thinking about finding a genuine Honda 110cc engine from one of the early 3 wheelers with electric start to install.

I don't like the shifter - I have to move forward thru the gears with my heel and back with my toe, it makes it annoying. if I try pulling up with my toe, it won't move.

To say the least, I like it so much I have been considering selling my SuperSpree project. I haven't touched it since getting this... And I fear I may rarely ride it.
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

is that snow on your seat and floor board there? if so...im so sorry for you. it was around 70 in yakima today.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
Rooney140
BMX
BMX

Post by Rooney140 »

nice find, what a present!

Maybe you mentioned the year, but looks like an 81 fairing to me?

Same basic engine as the CT70 and Z50 and even the newer crf's. There have been some improvements over the past 40 years. Rod lengths, electrics, heads etc all differ.

http://www.dratv.com/ has a lot of parts and lots of info on the engine. If you have deep pockets talk to powroll.com, they have been building similar engines since the beginning.

The ATC 110 and 125 horizontal engines are based on the CT90, so I don't think it would be a bolt in affair, different cases. The TRX90 is based on the 70 tho. Some ATC125M had e-start, don't remember the 110 having it, both could have dual range transmissions.

I tried to avoid the chinese engines in my CT70 build but eventually settled on a Lifan 110, 4 sp auto, e-start etc. etc. Picked it up at the local chinajunk shop in pieces for $40, put it back together and now I have a Minitrail that will hit 55mph and wheelie for days, been running strong for 4 years. If you have a local dealer see what they have available, they just replace rather than rebuild.

I like sprees, but know a lot more about the 4st bikes, PM if you need anything.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Sweet!

The weather has been funny here... the day before it was 74, then the next 29 with snow all day. That was the morning after.