Restoration Ideas

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Restoration Ideas

Post by Farfignugin »

Well, Ive been working on my scoot, tryin to get it to run good, check, (had to put a colder running plug in). Now Im tryin to finish up the paint stuff on it. I got one side panel pretty much done. Here's a pic:

Now I gotta do the other side, I have an idea but no pic to come from.
If anyone has a really nice black&white pic of an '85 in the letter styling of the letters for the above pic, could u email me at zip_phd901@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch in advance. :D
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

that looks good so far!
projects galore :nerd:
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

Well, I was workin on a stencil idea for the '85 part and I came up with this being the closest to the lettering of the spree:

Tell me what ya think.
If i use this one ill have pics next week.
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

Yay!! I did it...i finished the other side....

Now onto the front part... but i gotta wetsand & put another coat of clear on each side, then they are done.

I think on the front I should do the same as the sides but smaller of course. Also, If anyone hase a good picture of a skull & crossbones (b&w) that I could use I would be greatful.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

lookin good man, all the nice details my spree is missing :lol:
projects galore :nerd:
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

spree

Post by KillinSpree »

Hey man you might want to think about taking a S.O.S pad to the metal on your rear turnsignal rack. Than wax it. The thing will never rust on you and it will look great. later
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

well...all has gone to *... :evil: :evil: :evil:
I paint the front "leg guard" and it turns out to be polypropl/ethyline...for those of you who dont know what that is, its the kind of plastic that NOTHING really bonds to....and amazingly even the krylon fusion paint does not bond to it. so I go to paint the decale things and pull of the tape and, what else...the tape (painters tape that is) pulls off the paint to the plastic. then i got * off at it and the i clear coat the side panels and the clear paint wrinkles, so i get even more * off at the thing and i almost wanted to throw the panels into a wall, but i figured all is not lost. I go home and figure i could just start all over and rub everything with some laquer thinner to get rid of my (around) 10 coats of paint................ :evil: life sucks as I know it....
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Have you checked out "mirage by dupont" its a 3 stage base coat /clearcoat paint that changes color in the sun or under lights, then use some hand glaze for a mirror finish, can be bought at any auto parts store and alot of colors, its a spray can system, the trick is after the base coat goes on & dries use a tack cloth to get rid of over spray & dust, my panels came out cherry.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

maybe ill use that
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The only thing is not enough clear coat, so buy 2 kits. i believe its $15 per kit and you can mix base coat colors but the more clear the better!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

you can buy seperate cans of clear, cant you?
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The instructions never said if it was laquer or enamal, i would try a patch panel if you have extra clear, i have some pics just pm me with your email, BTW i did my panels in the shower thus no dust.