cathodes....

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

-aL-
Elite
Elite

cathodes....

Post by -aL- »

alright, I had read on here that one of you had hooked up cold cathodes, I was excited, i got some, and i think i busted em, i cant get these darn things to work... i had initially hooked them up to my tail light for a little just to see how they worked, i did that one time and it won't work at all anymore... I had even hooked them up to the battery, How sensitive are these things?
anusorn
Noob
Noob

Post by anusorn »

The ones i've got on my moped work like a charm http://www.xoxide.com/bluecathode.html I installed it in less than 10 mins and hooked it right up to the battery and it works fine. They are super bright to.....my friends could see them from 2 blocks away. so im not sure why you're having problems since its really easy. The ones i have wouldn't break even after from about 6 feet several times.
anusorn
Noob
Noob

Post by anusorn »

If you guys wanna see a video heres a link http://uafsite.tripod.com/Movie_0003.wmv
It was pretty crapily mounted with masking tape since its just a temporary one till the red ones come in....but has stayed on the past couple days riding around.

Any comments????
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I use an led bulb, it pulsates, strobes and starburst and is a brake light for $10 at www.cycleimportshawaii.com
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
-aL-
Elite
Elite

fdasf

Post by -aL- »

What came in the mail was the 2 12" tubes, the wires to hook em up to a computer and a blue box that looks like a speaker/ transformer... i cut off the computer ends, and it worked, i took them inside, and went back out an hour later and they would not work... im so conflustered
-aL-
Elite
Elite

sadfsaf

Post by -aL- »

how exactly did u hook them up, did u need a little box thing er what?
:?
anusorn
Noob
Noob

Post by anusorn »

yeah you need the little box thing for it to work....or so i think. Thats the way i did it. I also kept the swith on and all i did was just cut the very end of the wires and hooked them to the battery.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

asdfa

Post by -aL- »

I had kept the box on... i don't know what to do, I feel so ripped off
anusorn
Noob
Noob

Post by anusorn »

Yeah thats odd....if they worked then stop working. Did you keep the swith on too???? because maybe itll work if you take the swith out.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

fdgsd

Post by -aL- »

i got rid of the switch that came with it right away, i cut off all computer ends and the switch was cut off as well, i was going to use my own that lights up. i must have blown some thing... any idea where i could get a new "box thing"?
anusorn
Noob
Noob

Post by anusorn »

No idea.....Im thinking that it would problably be easiest if you just buy a new set of cathodes....after all its only 10 dollars with shipping. I also plan to get a custom military switch put on....ill post back if that works out for me.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

those military switches are the ship