Anyone else going to be in the Guinness book?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

You going?

Yes
21%
No
64%
Maybe
7%
Waste of time
7%

Total votes: 14

wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Re: Anyone else going to be in the Guinness book?

Post by wiguy05 »

I wonder how they know if its 49cc or not?

Maybe just assume if it was OEM 49cc that it still is?

But then again.....once my pod filter and PG long start a roaring....even the simple minded know something is up :twisted:
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

wiguy05 wrote:But then again.....once my pod filter and PG long start a roaring....even the simple minded know something is up
Ya, I decided to run the stock intake with 9.8:1 gears and a mild v8 pipe or maybe a drilled stock pipe. There is no way they could take apart 600 and some engines, but that specing process has been asked on all the boards I've looked at. Might have to call Scooter Therapy on Monday to see.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

:woot: The forecast has cleared. Sunny riding weather (I don't think a record could be reached if it rained).
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

eliteguy50 wrote::woot: The forecast has cleared. Sunny riding weather (I don't think a record could be reached if it rained).
I think they are going to have a hard time getting close to be the record since they are holding this on the same day as Whiskey Business 3, which should be the largest moped rally of the year. Still I do not have enough time to get off to go to WB3 so I am going to this event.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ALOW1 wrote:
eliteguy50 wrote::woot: The forecast has cleared. Sunny riding weather (I don't think a record could be reached if it rained).
I think they are going to have a hard time getting close to be the record since they are holding this on the same day as Whiskey Business 3, which should be the largest moped rally of the year. Still I do not have enough time to get off to go to WB3 so I am going to this event.
Is there a website for that? I am not tuned in to the moped scene and have only heard of a band called Whiskey Business.
I think this is drawing more of a scooter crowd but the record is just a motor size, not a ride type so that will probably affect it.
There are currently 521 attending and 643 maybes on the facebook page, plus all the people not on facebook. Still might not make 675 to set the record, but we wont find out unless we try I guess.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

http://www.bourbonbandits.com/

However most of the information about that rally can be obtained easily by just going to the Mopedarmy.com and looking through the forums. There are many many forum topics titled WB3.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Ok if anyone is going I will see you tomorrow.

I will be riding my orange Elite and will have a friend with me on my yellow Elite, I will also have a girl with me on a pink china scoot.

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

If you bought this elite, you would have a matching pair.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

eliteguy50 wrote:If you bought this elite, you would have a matching pair.
The one in my picture is the one I just sold. I saw that one on craigslist too and thought they looked similar.

Mine was all purple though, the front panel was broke bad so I put the white one on it.

I think my buddy is going to end up coming too, he will be on a red 01 Elite.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Just the 3 of us going again. I am loaded up and ready to go. Just got to fill up in the morning and load one scoot when I pick it up 10 miles from here. Will be easy with the trailer though.

See you all tomorrow, or maybe Eliteguy50 as he seems like he is the only one from these forums besides myself that is going.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ALOW1 wrote:Just the 3 of us going again. I am loaded up and ready to go. Just got to fill up in the morning and load one scoot when I pick it up 10 miles from here. Will be easy with the trailer though.

See you all tomorrow, or maybe Eliteguy50 as he seems like he is the only one from these forums besides myself that is going.
I am loaded up also, but I got gas at 9 so I wouldn't have to mess with it in the morning. My elite broke those pesky reeds last minute so now I am riding the c3 instead (vary lame in comparison). I might pick up a bike in the morning too but it would be just outside Madison.
Will see you there. :peace:
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Do you need some reeds? I can see if I have some.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

so, how was the show up?

I was busy with my friends at WB3 so i had to miss out. was the record set? There was hundreds of mopeds at WB3, i find it hard to believe that they would be able to set a record without the help of all these guys....
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

No record. I get there to find out it was started by some UW-Mad students and then taken over by the local scooter shop when they couldn't get there stuff together. There were several other things going on (bad planning by students) like a spring game, film festival, first farmers market, the carnival and all of that was just in Madison. The biggest problem was doing it at the same time as WB3. The scooter shop said they will do it right next year and do a real rally sort of thing. This ended up being 200 showing and 150 registered. The ride was maybe a mile at 20mph. The scooter shop was cool though (lots of door prizes and a free scoot even). Can't forget the stickers either :wink:
The good part is that the scooter shop actually knows scooters. :rock: It wasn't just another distributor to the public in a college town.