Sold my Spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Jamie_Miles
Goped
Goped

Sold my Spree

Post by Jamie_Miles »

Well it's been a while since I posted on here. I sold my Spree this afternoon and miss it already. :( It was a 1987 Spree that I have had since 1993. I was 6 years old when I got it. I used to just ride it around my neighborhood and me and my friends would take turns rideing it. Then when I started getting older I used it to run around town on the side walks and get back and forth to work for several years up until this past Febuary.

It had 11,500 miles on it and had worn out 3 engines. I bought a car a while back and finnally parked it. It sat in my shed for about 6 months and my friend asked me about it a few days ago. I figgured it's just going to sit there and get the carb clogged up and not get used so I sold it to him for $100. It only had about 900 miles on a new piston and rings.

Next weekend I'm going to help him put new tires and brake shoes on it and he will start using it to get back and forth to work and just ride it around town.

It went through 3 engines, 2 coils and 4 carburetors. about 5 sets of tires and count less tubes, spark plugs, and stuff like that. I know my friend will take care of it and I told him if he ever decides to sell it to let me know first. So who knows, I may just get it back one day. :) It's amazing how you can get emotionally attached to a machine.
Comeing soon: Possibly the fastest Spree in the world...
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Yeh man I feel you. I almost had a buyer for my spree, since its illegal to ride and I wouldnt want another ticket for that. But I don't know if I would be able to let go off all the memories and places its taken me.. :|
projects galore :nerd: