Checkin in, first post... here at least

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Re: Checkin in, first post... here at least

Post by Chicago Ben »

Eft37 wrote:I have a set of those red bolts if you need them this weekend.
Who is mounting the tire for you? I got my front one on OK by myself, but I pinched the rear tube and so had to red do, I paid Scooterworks on Damen $52 for a tube and mounting, they did it overnight.
You know what, I called Scooterworks and they were super snotty to me on the phone like the brands they service are way more prestigious than my Honda. They were going to charge me $85!?!?!?!!?!!? (just to put a tubeless tire on a wheel and put a valve stem on it) *. I just got back from Chewie's Motorbikes, pretty West on Chicago Ave. Real nice guy. Probably going to be $50. Their service is backed up, so he's not sure if he can do it tomorrow...possibly Monday.

As far as those bolts go, they are pretty cool, wish they came in other colors... like white haha.
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
8.44:1 gears
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Chicago Ben wrote:
Who is mounting the tire for you? I got my front one on OK by myself, but I pinched the rear tube and so had to red do, I paid Scooterworks on Damen $52 for a tube and mounting, they did it overnight.
You know what, I called Scooterworks and they were super snotty to me on the phone like the brands they service are way more prestigious than my Honda. They were going to charge me $85!?!?!?!!?!!? (just to put a tubeless tire on a wheel and put a valve stem on it) *. I just got back from Chewie's Motorbikes, pretty West on Chicago Ave. Real nice guy. Probably going to be $50. Their service is backed up, so he's not sure if he can do it tomorrow...possibly Monday.

As far as those bolts go, they are pretty cool, wish they came in other colors... like white haha.

:*: I guess Utah is cheap? I got a rear tire mounted the other week for $15 at a 4 wheeler/ scooter shop
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Chicago Ben wrote:

The Honda dealer will do it for a * of a lot less than that.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

Bear45-70 wrote:The Honda dealer will do it for a * of a lot less than that.
Bear,

A) I do not have a car
B) There are no Honda dealers in the city of Chicago

Thank you

:jack:
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

KingJeff801 wrote: :*: I guess Utah is cheap? I got a rear tire mounted the other week for $15 at a 4 wheeler/ scooter shop
I know it's ridiculous, all these places charge half hour labor on stuff like this

Everything in the city is 'spensive
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Chicago Ben wrote:
KingJeff801 wrote: :*: I guess Utah is cheap? I got a rear tire mounted the other week for $15 at a 4 wheeler/ scooter shop
I know it's ridiculous, all these places charge half hour labor on stuff like this

Everything in the city is 'spensive

That sucks man.....they gouge you simply because they can :jack:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

KingJeff801 wrote:That sucks man.....they gouge you simply because they can :jack:
I know man. That's partially why this build is taking so d*** long. Mostly because I drag my feet though haha
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Chicago Ben wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:The Honda dealer will do it for a * of a lot less than that.
Bear,

A) I do not have a car
B) There are no Honda dealers in the city of Chicago

Thank you

:jack:
That's because Chicago is following in Detroit's foot steps and is dying. Get out while the getting is good because it is not gonna get better.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

Bear45-70 wrote:That's because Chicago is following in Detroit's foot steps and is dying. Get out while the getting is good because it is not gonna get better.
I couldn't disagree with this statement more. I grew up outside of Detroit and my father worked for a supplier to the big 3. Chicago and Detroit are different in so many ways I couldn't even list all the differences in this text box.

Yes, like Detroit there is corruption here but The city of Chicago is alive and well. Business is booming and it's not just in manufacturing which was Detroit stronghand as we all know. Chicago has a great public transit system which allows individuals such as myself to live in the city without having to own a car. Chicago is the country's logistics hub and a focalpoint for international business. If I got laid off tomorrow I wouldn't be worried the slightest in my ability to find a job immediately after right here in the city.

But since you know everything I shouldn't waste my time trying to explain.
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Chicago Ben wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:That's because Chicago is following in Detroit's foot steps and is dying. Get out while the getting is good because it is not gonna get better.
I couldn't disagree with this statement more. I grew up outside of Detroit and my father worked for a supplier to the big 3. Chicago and Detroit are different in so many ways I couldn't even list all the differences in this text box.

Yes, like Detroit there is corruption here but The city of Chicago is alive and well. Business is booming and it's not just in manufacturing which was Detroit stronghand as we all know. Chicago has a great public transit system which allows individuals such as myself to live in the city without having to own a car. Chicago is the country's logistics hub and a focalpoint for international business. If I got laid off tomorrow I wouldn't be worried the slightest in my ability to find a job immediately after right here in the city.

But since you know everything I shouldn't waste my time trying to explain.
They have identical city governments which kill Detroit and will in turn kill Chicago. You can disagree all you want, history says Chicago dies.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

Bear45-70 wrote:They have identical city governments which kill Detroit and will in turn kill Chicago. You can disagree all you want, history says Chicago dies.
Hey, and we are all entitled to our own opinion. I just happen to disagree heavily with yours...

Also I have noticed your attitude is generally *. Quit being a debbie downer.
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Chicago Ben wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:They have identical city governments which kill Detroit and will in turn kill Chicago. You can disagree all you want, history says Chicago dies.
Hey, and we are all entitled to our own opinion. I just happen to disagree heavily with yours...

Also I have noticed your attitude is generally *. Quit being a debbie downer.
Yeah, my attitude about big city liberal governments is real *. They violate the * out of your Constitutional Rights and spend your tax money on junkies, welfare bums and illegals. Grow up and wake up or you will lose your citizenship. Oh and I quit big city living before you were born, long before. The education system is broken because they want you too stupid to know you are being screwed. Image
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Chicago Ben wrote: You know what, I called Scooterworks and they were super snotty to me on the phone like the brands they service are way more prestigious than my Honda. They were going to charge me $85!?!?!?!!?!!? (just to put a tubeless tire on a wheel and put a valve stem on it) *. I just got back from Chewie's Motorbikes, pretty West on Chicago Ave. Real nice guy. Probably going to be $50. Their service is backed up, so he's not sure if he can do it tomorrow...possibly Monday.
Yeah, Scooterworks isn't awesome, but they're closest to me. If I lived by you, I'd be giving Chewies the business. I don't like Scooterworks, they just are 10 minutes away since Chicago Cycle closed without warning (not that they were any better). I just walked in to SW, as I've had the same phone problems with anyone. In person is always better, as on the phone means shopping around and in person means, yes now.
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

Eft37 wrote:
Chicago Ben wrote: You know what, I called Scooterworks and they were super snotty to me on the phone like the brands they service are way more prestigious than my Honda. They were going to charge me $85!?!?!?!!?!!? (just to put a tubeless tire on a wheel and put a valve stem on it) *. I just got back from Chewie's Motorbikes, pretty West on Chicago Ave. Real nice guy. Probably going to be $50. Their service is backed up, so he's not sure if he can do it tomorrow...possibly Monday.
Yeah, Scooterworks isn't awesome, but they're closest to me. If I lived by you, I'd be giving Chewies the business. I don't like Scooterworks, they just are 10 minutes away since Chicago Cycle closed without warning (not that they were any better). I just walked in to SW, as I've had the same phone problems with anyone. In person is always better, as on the phone means shopping around and in person means, yes now.
PS, Chewies is a maxima oil distributor so he can order castor 927 if you ever go premix.

I got my wheel back , tire mounted. Today I mounted the engine back into the frame. I hooked up the throttle cable, vacuum hose but I see I'm going to need to upgrade my main fuel hose to fit over my 26mm oko fuel inlet nipple. Where are you guys getting bigger fuel lines?
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

o'reily's(shucks) or autozone in my town both have standard grey fuel line.
my local cycle shops however can/will order you w/e you want/need.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80