California registration process

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sipaboy
Goped
Goped

Re: California registration process

Post by sipaboy »

27mph and thats it. Wish it was more but yet alone 27mph of fun and lots of thumbs up. What pipe to use and what brand of carb is it I'm not sure. The rear looks like a whole assembly like a cars rear end kinda.
capturedbyrobots
Goped
Goped

Post by capturedbyrobots »

sipaboy wrote:27mph and thats it. Wish it was more but yet alone 27mph of fun and lots of thumbs up. What pipe to use and what brand of carb is it I'm not sure. The rear looks like a whole assembly like a cars rear end kinda.
Well, here's your problem.
You need to custom fab/find everything.
I use "goped" twisty pipes for most of my 50cc scoots, then with rejetting it can give a lot more performance.
I weld them to the muffler pipe, right before the original exhaust was hooked into. You have to find one that will fit well,
and in your case, fit under the plastics. Can you post a shot of the scoot,
and a shot of the rear and motor with the plastics removed?

Without changing the exhaust, you'll be limited in how much you can get out of it.
Does it have an RPM limiter?
Check this by propping up the rear wheels, putting a tach on it
and see how high it can rev unloaded.

If you're not a motorhead, or a tinkerer, you might be stuck at 27 :(

Where in the Bay area are you?
I could help if you're in my area anytime...
sipaboy
Goped
Goped

Post by sipaboy »

I am in Union City. Maybe I'll check the moped stores for a pipe that would clear it.
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

capturedbyrobots wrote:
sipaboy wrote:Called Progressive and told them I sent an app for moped plates and title and wanted to get insurance while I was waitting for the title.,they still insured it for $70 a year liability only. They ask me what model moped and acted dumb like I am not sure. She started telling me different names that falls under moped/scooter and she mentioned Gyro and I said thats the one. Printed a temporary proof of ins. and the copy of reg dmv form 230 with the photo of the check sent too. Hoping thats enough paperwork to carry around till I get everything straightened out.This thing is good on gas but can use more top speed.[27mph]
Well, if you can make it work, you're gonna be golden.
But jeez...27mph? My goped goes faster than that...

I would first off drop the cylinder's squish and use sealant for gaskets (more compression)
a larger carb, and a tuned pipe. Porting can only help too.
Larger tires should help too.does e
With that stuff and proper jetting, you could easily squeeze 5-7mph more out of it, if not more.

Does it have a CVT or the 2 speed clutching like Gyros?
If it has a CVT, there's a lot of tricks to do there for more speed.
No goped does 27 mph unless it custom but if it is custom it aint a goped cause goped is a brand.
PS3 it only does everything.
capturedbyrobots
Goped
Goped

toad772 wrote:No goped does 27 mph unless it custom but if it is custom it aint a goped cause goped is a brand.
You're wrong. You don't know much about gopeds then.
I own 12 gopeds, and most go 35 or faster.
Gsr40 with a pipe can easily go 35.
Because you add a pipe it's not a Goped anymore? Lol.
don't want to gum up his thread with this though....
capturedbyrobots
Goped
Goped

sipaboy wrote:I am in Union City. Maybe I'll check the moped stores for a pipe that would clear it.
If you wanted help and could get it up
to me in El Cerrito, I'd be glad to help.
Pm me if you're interested.
sipaboy
Goped
Goped

Post by sipaboy »

The DMV cashed the check I sent them. Took almost 7 weeks before they cashed it on the 20th of August. Usually you'll get the paperwork a week after. Cross my fingers hoping the cashed check was a good sign. Ready to ride it down doing errands and going to work. I was even thinking of taking the rear lockable box out and building a wooden rear pickup truck type bed. Maybe extend the length a foot . I figured it can handle hopefully around 60-80 pounds of load. Just wondering how many Canopy's are there in the lower 48 states.
da808nanospeed
Spree
Spree

Post by da808nanospeed »

California really discourage me to own more Scooters, need to pay reg and ins, thats BS. Back when i was in Hawaii and Michigan, just 5 dollar and i get a moped sticker for life. But I guess is still didn't stop other people to own more scooters.

BTW, I had friends done it before, registered a 94 Elite 50 under as 85 Aero 50 (not in california). All you have to do is Stamp frame.
2003 Yamaha R1 998cc SOLD
1997 Honda Elite S 72cc SOLD
2007 SYM DD50 72CC X2
Goped sport 29cc
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

da808nanospeed wrote:California really discourage me to own more Scooters, need to pay reg and ins, thats BS. Back when i was in Hawaii and Michigan, just 5 dollar and i get a moped sticker for life. But I guess is still didn't stop other people to own more scooters.

BTW, I had friends done it before, registered a 94 Elite 50 under as 85 Aero 50 (not in california). All you have to do is Stamp frame.
There is a reason many call Kalifornia the "Peoples Republic Of Kalifornia", the government seems to think you have no rights regardless of the Constitution. I won't even travel thru that place anymore much less visit.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

capturedbyrobots wrote:
toad772 wrote:No goped does 27 mph unless it custom but if it is custom it aint a goped cause goped is a brand.
You're wrong. You don't know much about gopeds then.
I own 12 gopeds, and most go 35 or faster.
Gsr40 with a pipe can easily go 35.
Because you add a pipe it's not a Goped anymore? Lol.
don't want to gum up his thread with this though....
35kmh maybe but not mph I have one it is slow as f***.
PS3 it only does everything.