Another '84 Spree rides again...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

scootngo
Noob
Noob

Another '84 Spree rides again...

Post by scootngo »

Since I've been using this forum for helpful hints I just wantd to post back here with the results. After going over the carb like 4 times, I finally got my Spree running yesterday. Woohoo! Man, talk about a freezing blast. I was like 40 degrees out, kids were riding their Christmas toys around. I just got this big smile on my face, my kids think I am crazy.

I got this Spree last week from a fellow contractor out of Omaha Nebraska(I'm in N.Ala), where he says it sat in his garage for like 17 years. He asked if I wanted it, I thought he meant an even older scoot, but it is an '84. So I gave him $100, and figured, well its worth tinkering with. I began taking it down and realized that rubber parts were in good shape. Mice didn't eat up the wires and stuff.

The only bad part was the fuel tank. Gobs and gobs of rust. I've cleaned it out as best I could, and put an inline fuel filter on it. Petcock is full open, it had about 2 pounds of gunk in it. Aside of that, everything works, fuel gage, lights, signals, horn, brakes, starter, oil light...

It runs pretty good, but is hard to start. I've got to think on that one a bit. It seems to be getting too much gas. But I will check everything yet again.
Top speed 28mph.
Mileage: 857
Color: white (somewhat yellow!)
Mirrors are useless!

Fun. Absolutely.

Thanks all,
Joe
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

yay! this site helps save another spree. iowa edition possibly, if panels are white. :)
projects galore :nerd:
edwardzx7
Spree
Spree

Post by edwardzx7 »

pics?
Image-$show your right$