Gokubuto kit for the eilte?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Gokubuto kit for the eilte?

Post by eliteguy50 »

C3Killer wrote:... i got my undercowl in also!! Sweetness!
Undercowl? was that the surprise? Any pics?
bradthreee wrote:Thats what they charge bro. If you think $75 is alot you should see how much one of those hubs custom made for a Zuma engine costs. $375 big ones
I've never seen a machined Zuma hub, but then I've only seen one Zuma fatty and they cut up the stock rim to make it. I guess now I know why.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

eliteguy50 wrote:
bradthreee wrote:Thats what they charge bro. If you think $75 is alot you should see how much one of those hubs custom made for a Zuma engine costs. $375 big ones
I've never seen a machined Zuma hub, but then I've only seen one Zuma fatty and they cut up the stock rim to make it. I guess now I know why.
http://standard.nexcess.net/index.php/y ... r-hub.html
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Wide offset wheels, offset engines. Entire drivetrain out the back. I bet that really loads the front tire a lot. Kills the tendency to wheelie.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I don't know how extreme I am going to go with it, I just like the long and low look. And please don't start a flame about lowered bikes (you know who you are), my last thread got locked because of it. Holla! After I get moved in I will be able to start working on it again. I got the AF18E in too! Sweetness!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

C3Killer wrote:I don't know how extreme I am going to go with it, I just like the long and low look. And please don't start a flame about lowered bikes (you know who you are), my last thread got locked because of it. Holla! After I get moved in I will be able to start working on it again. I got the AF18E in too! Sweetness!
I say all the way, put the af18 to work :wink: Not a fatty but here is another stretched low scooter with an engine swap for some inspiration.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I LOVE that bar setup. Anyone have the dimensions for that clamp, but for the Elite? I know an odyssey clamp from a mountain bike will work, but there are different sizes, and then there are different sizes for the bar, I don't want to spend crazy money on it as I'm in the Elite bout a grand as it is. Gotta spare the cash for the fatty!
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

These are also shim kits available that allow you to run a clamp aka stem that is bigger than the neck of the forks.

You could visit your local bicycle shop and find everything you need there.