Honda Spree for Amputee: Faster Than Stock, Great Mileage!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Honda Spree for Amputee: Faster Than Stock, Great Mileage!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings

Sometimes things leave me speechless.

Honda Spree EV

:shock:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
NickKimosabe
Goped
Goped

Re: Honda Spree for Amputee: Faster Than Stock, Great Mileage!

Post by NickKimosabe »

:bowrofl:
2001 HONDA
87 Yamaha Razz (Sold)
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

WheelMon declares:

Sometimes things leave me speechless.

Though it's rare my popping in here, whenever I do I
make sure to read your posts, sir. And this particular offering
certainly doesn't disappoint.

My condolences to the poor scoot's remains, with hopes they'll
find a higher purpose enhancing a unit - atop which - rests an
* of a more deserving nature. :lol:

CaptDan>
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Wow the moron ruined the poor spree.
PS3 it only does everything.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Toad, Please clean up your comments. No reason to call names.

I think an electric conversion merits consideration. Most of these vehicles are used in an urban environment.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Wheelman-111

Politically Correct Elite Dio

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth the Accomplished EliteDio:
I think an electric conversion merits consideration. Most of these vehicles are used in an urban environment.
Now normally I agree with Mr. ElDio, but this kind of talk compromises our God-given right to coat everything behind us with a film of 2-stroke smoke. :wink:
My main problem with the build is where to put one's feet? Also, unless he Carbonized the frame like you did, how long d'ya think that spar will hold the battery pack?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

he could have used high performance audio battery more amps smaller in size you can say its a waste but electric has the fastest acceleration like ever! if its set up correctly he could destroy anything you could ever build :thumbwink:
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

elitedio wrote:Toad, Please clean up your comments. No reason to call names.

What was with the digging up of the month old post and giving me a warning on it?
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Yeah wheelguy and fastplastic.
I agree it could be better engineered, but no reason to dis the guy for traveling at 7mph for a couple of miles. You or I didn't call him names, no reason for the toad be an azz. A new participant shouldn't have to hear it either. The electric spree guy could be a member at some point.

The last time I rode my bicycle to work, I did it at 18 mph for 19 minutes. It takes me 10 minutes to get it and myself ready and 10 minutes to cool down but there is a feeling of satisfaction. of making it there without direct burning of gas or electricity.
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

elitedio wrote:Yeah wheelguy and fastplastic.
I agree it could be better engineered, but no reason to dis the guy for traveling at 7mph for a couple of miles. You or I didn't call him names, no reason for the toad be an azz. A new participant shouldn't have to hear it either. The electric spree guy could be a member at some point.

The last time I rode my bicycle to work, I did it at 18 mph for 19 minutes. It takes me 10 minutes to get it and myself ready and 10 minutes to cool down but there is a feeling of satisfaction. of making it there without direct burning of gas or electricity.
I didn't really break any rules.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

o go easy on toad hes only like 15 16 years old he dont know any better lol :bowrofl:
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

fastplastic wrote:

o go easy on toad hes only like 15 16 years old
:bowrofl:
Wrong
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

......but funny :peace:
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

I think this project was more a getting feet wet in electric power. I think number 1 is a gearing issue. 7mph with the Etek motor is way slow, but getting to step one - a modified vehicle, integration of a power controller/motor/battery is part of the learning ramp up curve. Breadboards, mule test beds by nature can be crude. They often give enough info, learning and confidence for step 2. Ok, battery mounting is in the way, the Spree is a darn small breadboard. I've seen the guy's scooter before, too bad we have not found links where the Spree was optimized a little more. Many scooterphiles here spend great efforts :thumbwink: taking what they have and improving to no end. Personally, I appreciate what the guy did, learned and a view into his journey.

BTW - I did a *little* searching and found almost 90mph by the same motor - (yep for a short time, and streamlining is part of it). So if there are budding electrophies out there, go for it, take as small steps as you want. Learn whatever interests you, and go to whatever performance you and your budget want to go.

I'm no expert at this, but check out what the electrathon guys have done. They have achieved like almost 60 mph for an hour on 2 12v batteries. Many a person learns a lot from 2 batteries, a motor, a controller and *competition* in the electrathon world.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Mouse. I agree with your points about this rider. He is trying to build an electric vehicle and has room for improvement. I think that anyone one who rides a scooter that can only go 30 needs all the help that they can get. He is showing us his stage 1 bike. I am ok with that. Can he go 40, I say wow!

I am not an EV guy, I'm more of a gear head. but anything that goes is good.

My bicycle can go 17 average so my scooter has to max at 50 to average at 30.

If 45/70 wants to be critical of me not riding without a helmet that is justified but to call me a to dis me or another that is over the edge.